Next Generation Key Features
Commitment from the Ground Up
Safety and Comfort Are Not Optional
- Embedded smart devices help enforce safe behaviors, like the automatic swing lock, brake and axle lock, and safety lever
- The new cab contributes to your comfort with limited vibrations and drastically reduced sound levels
- Improved access with new and longer handrails, steps and service platform
- Improved visibility with enlarged glass areas, rear and side cameras and LED working lights
Make the Move to the Next GenerationRefinements. From the whole design to the smallest detail. Convenient features, new advanced and transparent technologies, not only to reduce emissions but to further improve your daily experience when working with our products.
Made to be EfficientRecognizing that fuel efficiency is directly affected by hydraulic performance, the hydraulic system in the MH3022 is carefully designed to provide the work needed without wasting fuel. A high capacity hydraulic cooling system keeps operating temperatures well-balanced, resulting in longer component life, higher efficiency and lower repair cost.
Made to Keep Your Costs DownNot only does the machine give you all the performance you need, but it does so while providing a great deal of precision, and speed with an absolute minimum fuel consumption – and zero impact on your efficiency.
Maintenance: Keep it SimpleGround level and grouped service points, automatic central greasing, dedicated system compartments and many other features that make your maintenance quick and easy.
Made to Make Operation Easy and PleasantHave a seat, you will be impressed by the quietness and comfort of the cab. Feel relaxed, we help you make sure you’re safe.
Integrated TechnologiesEnjoy integrated technologies; they act transparently.
Be Flexible to WinWhen you add the multiple Cat attachments that help you do all kinds of jobs, you simply won’t find a better machine.
Generations Ahead in Every Way
Fuel Efficiency and Reduced Exhaust EmissionsThe engine meets Stage IV emission standards and performs the same amount of work as the previous model, all while burning less fuel, which means more efficiency, less resource consumption, and fewer emissions.
Quiet OperationOutstandingly low sound levels, you won’t believe your machine is running.
Transparent Technologies and Longer Service Intervals
- The new Eco Modes, Auto Engine Speed Control and Engine Idle Shutdown help further reduce your overall fuel consumption.
- Product Link™ allows remote monitoring of the machine and helps improve overall efficiency.
- You Cat dealer can help extend service intervals, meaning fewer fluids and disposals, all adding up to lower costs.
Biodiesel and Biodegradable Hydraulic Oil
- The MH3022 has the flexibility of running on either ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel with 10 ppm of sulfur or less or biodiesel (up to B20) fuel blended with ULSD.
- Cat BIO HYDO Advanced HEES™ reduces the impact on the environment.
Cat Certified UsedThis program is a key element in the range of solutions offered by Caterpillar and Cat dealers to help customers achieve growth at the lowest cost while eliminating waste. Used equipment is inspected, guaranteed and ready for work and customers will benefit from a Caterpillar warranty.
Power, Reliability, and Fuel Economy
The Power and Performance You Need – Constant Power StrategyProvides a quick response to changing loads, while delivering the same amount of power regardless of operating conditions.
The Power and Performance You Need – A Transparent Emission Solution That Works.
The Cat C7.1 ACERT engine meets today’s Stage IV emission standards, and it does so without interrupting your job process. It is designed to be:
- Transparent: no operator intervention
- Durable: fit for life Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Efficient: no work interruption, even in case of extended idling time
- Simple: minimum maintenance. Longitudinal engine installation, which further simplifies maintenance
The Power and Performance You Need – Biodiesel Not a ProblemThe engine can run on up to B20 biodiesel fuel that meets ASTM 6751 standards – all to give you more potential fuel-saving flexibility.
The Power and Performance You Need – Proven TechnologyTo assure that our technology will meet your expectations for reliable trouble-free service, we subjected these engines and technologies to extensive operating hours of test and validation.
Built-in Fuel Savers That Add Up
- Automatic Engine Speed Control: lowers engine speed when it is not needed.
- NEW Engine Idle Shutdown (when activated): turns the engine off when it’s been idling for more than a pre-set amount of time.
- NEW Cooling System: variable speed and on-demand fan optimizing consumption.
- NEW enhanced Eco Mode: reduces engine speed while delivering the same power.
- Automatic shift to Travel Mode when you start riding: optimizes driveline performance while preserving fuel.
Fast, Precise, FlexibleWhen it comes to moving material quickly, you need efficient hydraulics – the type the MH Series can deliver.
Efficient Design, Smart and Fast
- Simple Design – The new hydraulic valve compartment and routings offer a simple and clean design to help ensure durability. Everything is reachable from ground level.
- Smart Main Hydraulics – The system allows reducing the load on the engine when not needed, which translates into lower fuel consumption.
- Dedicated Swing Pump – A closed hydraulic circuit is dedicated to the swing only. Having two separate pumps, one for the swing and the second for the other functions allows faster and smoother combined movements.
Control Like No Other
- Electronic Pump Control – Controllability is one of the main attributes of the MH3022, and one of the key contributors to this is the Electronic Pump Control (EPC) that’s designed to improve response time and precision. It puts flow exactly where you need it, when you need it, which means a much smoother operation and greater efficiency.
- Adjustable Hydraulic Sensitivity – Allows you to adjust the aggressiveness of the machine according to the application.
- Stick Circuit – Increases efficiency and helps enhance controllability for higher productivity.
Well Balanced Cooling PackageThe hydraulic oil cooler is mounted side-by-side with the engine radiator and the air-to-air aftercooler (ATAAC). Located separately from the engine and featuring a well-balanced sizing, the new cooling package offers unprecedented up-times even in difficult environments.
Structure – Elevated Cab and Frame
Strength, Flexibility and Mobility
High Visibility – 2400 mm Elevated Cab
The hydraulic cab riser is designed to be:
- Stable – Wide lift arms, deep box-sectioned design, strong top and bottom links and retractable hydraulic cylinders used to raise the cab for greater stability.
- Fast – Two heavy-duty hydraulic cylinders provide quick and controlled up and down travel.
- Comfortable – The parallelogram design of the linkage allows the cab to remain level at all ranges of motion. Cab movement is also slowed as it reaches the end of the riser stroke, with no sudden start/stop effect.
- Safe – The cab can be lowered using either a lever inside the cab or one on the frame at ground level in the event of a hydraulic malfunction.
Effective hydraulic line routing, transmission protection and heavy-duty axles make the Cat undercarriages perfect for material handler applications. Four different undercarriages are available to provide the stability you need for your applications:
- Material Handling – The Material Handling undercarriage with four welded outriggers is ideal when extra stability is needed.
- Material Handling with Dozer Blade – An optional expansion to the Material Handling Undercarriage includes an additional dozer blade mounted ahead of the front stabilizers to be used to push material commonly encountered in waste and millyard applications.
- The Material Handling Narrow undercarriage, specifically designed for limited space applications – Thanks to smaller undercarriage width and length, compared to MH undercarriage, and thanks to its symmetrical design, this MH Narrow undercarriage enhances maneuverability and flexibility in tight areas.
- The standard undercarriage allows for different kinds of stabilizers and blades to be attached either to the front or to the rear.
Heavy-Duty AxlesThe front axle offers wide oscillating and steering angles. The transmission is mounted directly on the rear axle for protection and optimum ground clearance.
Advanced Disc Brake SystemThe disc brake system acts directly on the hub instead of the drive shaft to avoid planetary gear backlash. This minimizes the rocking effect associated with working free on wheels.
Driveline ConceptThe driveline design effectively utilizes engine torque and power to provide a comfortable ride with improved smoothness.
Ground ClearanceThe MH3022 offers good ground clearance, with the transmission mounted and protected by the rear axle.
Allow Your Operator to Fully Concentrate on ProductionThe unique Cat SmartBoom significantly enhances operator comfort and job efficiency by reducing stress and vibrations transmitted to the machine. Loading is more productive and more fuel efficient as the return cycle is reduced while the boom down function does not require pump flow.
Durability – Built with No CompromisesYou know that a material handler works only as good as its front linkage is able to handle the job. The MH3022’s booms and sticks are purpose built for the loads encountered in material handling applications.
MH BoomMH booms include high pressure hydraulic lines for opening and closing functionality and medium pressure lines for implement rotation. A short MH boom is available to match indoor applications while retaining the same performance and lifting capabilities.
MH SticksMH sticks are equipped with high and medium pressure auxiliary lines. The 4900 mm Drop Nose Stick offers the reaching and lifting capabilities required for typical MH applications, while the 4200 mm Straight Stick is the best solution when additional work tool functionality is needed.
Special ApplicationsThe MH3022 offers the ability to combine the hydraulic cab riser with a traditional excavator front linkage. This combination has been proven in transfer station, mining, and millyard applications.Automatic lubrication of the whole uppercarriage extends component life, protecting your equipment.
When Operation Becomes as Easy as Pleasant
Joystick Steering (Optional)Keep both hands on your joysticks even when you need to reposition the machine while simultaneously moving the implements.
Swing and Auto Travel Lock
No need for the operator to bend to engage the swing lock pin.
- Just press a button,
- Align the upper to the lower frame,
- Enjoy the ride: a green indicator confirms the swing and the implements have been automatically locked.
Integrated Pin Code
No need to buy optional security system to protect your equipment against theft.
- The pin code is integrated into the monitor (standard)
- Entering the right code allows the engine to start
The Machine Security System (MSS – optional) adds even more protection when needed.
Focus on the working environment, not on your foot. No need to press the pedal all the time.
- Choose the very speed you wish
- Press the quick access button on the monitor
- Enjoy the ride
Load and Go Auto Axle Lock
Presses the Pedal for You, Reducing the Number of Actions You Need to DoThe machine automatically detects when the service brake and axle need to be locked (like when working), or unlocked (roading), hence removing the need for the operator to systematically press the pedal. Brake and axle are released automatically by pressing the travel pedal again.
Keeps Operators Productive All Shift Long
Legacy from the Renowned Cat Wheel Material HandlersDesigned for the operator, our cabs are unique.
- Frequently used switches are centralized, kept to the minimum and ideally located close to the joysticks.
- Storage compartments are useful … when well designed. The lunch box provides sufficient room to store a hard hat. Several other areas include drink, phone, or key holders.
Comfortable Seat OptionsOur seats provide all the comfort needed for a long day of work, including FULL adjustment. All seats are heated and air suspended. Automatic weight adjustment and air cooled seats are available.
Safety – Not OptionalFOPS cabs, seat belt alarm, safety lever, sideview camera … among others.
Details That Make the DifferenceHave a look at the cab; you will see it is through details that we improve pleasure of operating.
Smart Controls to Reduce Fatigue
- Features like SmartBoom or joystick steering will be precious to increase your productivity.
- New technologies that work transparently like the swing and auto travel lock or the automatic brake and axle lock, reduce the number of tasks you need to do.
Plug, Charge and Play Your Devices
- The 12V 10A power supply socket is conveniently located for charging your laptop, or a tablet.
- A CD/MP3 radio with speakers and USB port is available.
Simplicity and Functionality
For Ease of Operation
A Cab Just for You – Fully Adjustable
- Seat armrests, in height and angle
- Steering column adjustment, not only tilting fore/aft but also in height
- Hydraulic sensitivity of the machine to make it more or less aggressive
- Joystick controls, buttons and thumb wheels
- Automatic air conditioning
Incredibly Low Sound Levels, Less FatigueOperator sound level has been reduced thanks to a new cab design and increased cab pressure, which also prevents from dust entry. Add in the rubber mounts to fix the cab on the frame and you have a cab that’s as quiet as any of today’s premium cars.
Outstanding Visibility: See the difference!
- Standard LED working lights and halogen roading lights
- Standard LED dome light
- All glass areas have been drastically increased
- Choice of 70/30 front windshield or one piece windshield
- New wide angle mirrors including a lower mirror for a better visibility to the ground
- Parallel intermittent (four speeds) wipers covering the whole windshield
Standard Rear and Side Wide Angle CamerasCameras let you see what’s going on around. The image from the side camera is displayed on an additional wide color screen, offering the full view from the front to the rear of the machine. The rear camera is integrated into the counterweight for enhanced protection.
Large Color MonitorEasy to read and in local language, the high resolution LCD monitor will keep you aware of any important information. “Quick Access” buttons allow a quick selection of favorite functions. The tool select function lets you preset up to ten different hydraulic attachments for quick tool changes.
When Uptime Counts
Convenient Access Built InYou can reach routine maintenance items like fuel and engine oil filters and fluid taps at ground level while fuel and DEF tank accessible from the safety of the slip-resistant new service foldable step. Compartments feature wide composite service doors, designed to be more resistant to shocks, which all include gas struts to facilitate the opening. Components are now gathered in specific dedicated compartment, like the special electrical compartment.
A Smart Design for Any TemperatureThe side-by-side and axial fan design allows greater cooling performance. The system is completely separated from the engine compartment to reduce noise and heat, and all radiators are gathered in the same compartment while featuring easy-to-clean cores with a tilting device that requires no tool to unlock.
A Fresh IdeaVentilation inside the cab allows outside air to enter through a fresh air filter. The filter is located on the side of the cab to make it easy to reach, and it is protected by a lockable door that can be opened with the ignition key.
Lube and Fuel OptionsAn automatic lubricator system is an available time-saving standard feature for greasing the whole uppercarriage. Greasing points for the undercarriage are kept to a minimum and grouped. An electric refueling pump is also available. The hose is stored in a dedicated tray, for more cleanliness. Add in the new electric lift pump removing the need to prime the system manually, the standard fuel and water separator and you get a machine that does the fastidious works for you.
Keep it simple.
It Pays to Know
CAT® CONNECTCat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before.Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.Featured Cat Connect technologies include the following:
LinkLink technologies provide wireless capability to machines to enable two-way transfer of information collected by on-board sensors, control modules, and other Cat Connect technologies.
Manage Your Machine RemotelyCat Product Link is a system that is deeply integrated into the machine monitoring system to take the guesswork out of managing your equipment. The system tracks location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes and shares it with you through VisionLink® to help you maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower operating costs.
Work Tool Attachments
Move More, Make More
Attachment Solutions for Scrap Recycling, Bulk HandlingWhen productivity, reliability and stability are important, Cat attachments are the perfect solution for the MH3022. Choose one for your Cat machine for maximum performance.
Productive and Perfectly MatchedLoading and unloading is foundational to your productivity. Grapples are sized right for the MH3022. They are designed for maximum penetration into the pile. The full power of your machine is utilized to provide fast open/close times and powerful closing force. Full, 360° rotation systems allow precise placement. Together, an MH3022 and Cat grapple allow you to move volumes with minimal time and effort.
Built for Severe MaterialCat grapples are built to take on the material you move. Hydraulic components are protected from damage, yet easily accessed for routine maintenance. Areas that dig and penetrate are made of high quality, wear resistant material to keep them in working condition. Components that pivot and move are engineered to the latest standards for a long life. Cat grapples last for a positive impact to your bottom line.
Orange Peel GrapplesThe perfect solution for scrap yards, recycling plants and transfer stations. These grapples are available with 4 or 5 tines, in capacities from 600 to 1000 L. Several shell choices allow further customization of your grapple to the specific material you work with.
Clamshell GrapplesThe perfect solution for loading and transferring large volumes of loose material like grain, coal, sand and gravel. These grapples are configured with several shells for different capacity options to meet your specific requirements.
Digging GrapplesCat Digging grapples are designed to suit MH machines for digging applications where good penetration is required.
Waste Handling GrapplesThe dedicated waste handling grapple has been specifically designed to offer high volume for maximum loads and proven fuel consumption.
Power Match*Match your Cat hydraulic work tools to your Cat machine, and get the most out of the standard, built-in software. Ten hydraulic pump flow and pressure settings can be preset within the monitor, eliminating the need to adjust the hydraulics each time a tool is changed. Attachment changes have never been easier!*For straight/linkage sticks.Contact your local Cat dealer to learn more about the specific grapple choices available in your region.
Your Safety Is NOT Optional
Smart devices are embedded to offer as much safety as possible for your operators and help enforce safe behavior:
- Safety seat belt and warning indicators (monitor)
- Automatic swing lock
- Automatic brake and axle lock
- Safety lever, preventing exit when the implements are not locked out
- Emergency shut off switch and battery switch disconnect
- Adjustable travel alarm
- Lowering check valves
We bring a solution to allow you to safely climb into the cab:
- Three longer access steps, aligned with the cab entry
- New additional step integrated into the skirt, directly below the cab door
- Anti-skid plates on all walkways and steps reducing slipping hazards
- Convenient door handrail
- Additional extended handrail, from the top to the bottom of the cab
- Tiltable console, not to obstruct entry into the cab
- Safety lever built into the tiltable console to make sure the way in and out is free of obstacles
- LED lights for all working lights for enhanced visibility
- Halogen lights for all roading lights
- LED dome light for better illumination inside the cab
Safe and Quiet CabThe all-new cab provides you with a safe environment. It also contributes to your comfort with limited vibrations and drastically reduced sound levels.
- Enlarged glass gives you excellent visibility to the front, top, rear, and sides, even to the right
- Standard rearview camera gives you a clear field of view behind the machine through the monitor. Camera is integrated into the counterweight.
- Standard sideview camera, to check nothing is hidden to you from the front right hand side to the rear of the machine
- Lenses of all the cameras are wide angle and heated
- All mirrors are wide angle and allow view not only around the machine but also to the ground
Make Sure Nothing Is Hidden to YouVisibility all around is critical, especially for machines working and driving on industrial job sites. 1) Increased skylight and windshield glass area; 2) Improved lighting with standard LED lights for all working lights; 3) Optional heated mirrors; 4) Great left hand side visibility with the new all glass door; 5) Halogen roading lights; 6) Wide rear window; 7) Reflecting red lights on rear and blade/outriggers; 8) Standard wide rearview camera; 9) Standard side camera and dedicated wide monitor; 10) Large right hand side window; 11) Mirrors, wide angle, with additional lower mirror for ground visibility; 12) High visibility – 2400 mm elevated cab
Complete Customer Care
Your Cat Dealer Will Support You Like No Other
Support You Can Count On
From helping you to choose the right machine to knowledgeable on-going support, Cat dealers provide the best-in-sales and services.
- Best long-term investment with financing options and services
- Productive operation with training programs
- Preventive maintenance and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Uptime, with best-in-class parts availability
- Repair, rebuild, or replace? Your dealer can help evaluate the best option.