Power, Reliability and Fuel Economy
The Power and Performance You NeedThe Cat engine meets China Nonroad III, UN/ECE R96 Stage IIIA emission standards, and U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards, delivers a maximum net power (Acc. ISO 14396) of 128.8 kW at a rated speed of 2,000 rpm.
Fuel Efficiency – Common Rail Fuel System and Fuel PumpThis combination provides outstandingly low fuel consumption during both working and traveling applications.
Fuel Efficiency – Demand Fan Cooling SystemThe electronically controlled hydraulic motor drives a variable speed on-demand fan, resulting in optimized fuel consumption.
Fuel Efficiency – One-Touch Low Idle ControlThe Automatic Engine Speed Control reduces engine speed if no operation is performed, reducing fuel consumption and sound levels.
Fuel Efficiency – Eco and Work Modes
- The Eco Mode can significantly reduce your fuel consumption
- The Travel Mode optimizes driveline performance while preserving fuel
- The Power Mode is the best compromise between productivity and fuel efficiency
Fast, Precise, Flexible
Efficient Design, Smart and Fast
- Dedicated Swing Pump – A closed hydraulic circuit is dedicated to the swing only. Having two separate pumps, one for the swing and the other for the other functions allows faster and smoother combined movements.
- Stick Circuit – Increases efficiency and helps enhance controllability for higher productivity.
- Boom, Stick and Cab Riser Hydraulic Snubbers – help cushion shocks, reduce sound and increase cylinders life.
Control Like No Other
- Heavy Lift Mode – maximizes lifting performance by boosting the lifting capability by 7%.
- Adjustable Hydraulic Sensitivity – Allows you to adjust the aggressiveness of the machine according to the application.
- Tool Control System – enables you to select up to 10 preprogrammed hydraulic work tools from the monitor. Proportional two-way flow is ideal for rotating tools with joystick sliding switches for modulated tool control.
Structure – Elevated Cab and Frame
Strength, Flexibility, Mobility
High Visibility – 2400 mm Elevated Cab
The hydraulic cab riser is designed to be:
- Stable – Wide lift arms, deep box-sectioned design, strong top and bottom links and retractable hydraulic cylinders used to raise the cab for greater stability.
- Fast – Two heavy-duty hydraulic cylinders provide quick and controlled up and down travel.
- Comfortable – The parallelogram design of the linkage allows the cab to remain level at all ranges of motion.
- Cab movement is also slowed as it reaches the end of the riser stroke, with no sudden start/stop effect.
- Safe – The cab can be lowered using either a lever inside the cab or one on the frame at ground level in the event of a hydraulic malfunction.
Undercarriage OptionsEffective hydraulic line routing, transmission protection and heavy-duty axles make the Cat undercarriages perfect for material handler applications.
Three different undercarriages are available to provide the stability you need for your applications:
- Material Handling – The Material Handling undercarriage with four welded outriggers is ideal when extra stability is needed.
- Material Handling with Dozer Blade – An optional expansion to the Material Handling Undercarriage includes an additional dozer blade mounted ahead of the front stabilizers to be used to push material commonly encountered in waste and millyard applications.
- Standard – The Standard undercarriage is equipped with dozer blade at front and stabilizers at rear.
Heavy-Duty AxlesThe front axle offers wide oscillating and steering angles. The transmission is mounted directly on the rear axle for protection and optimum ground clearance.
Advanced Disc Brake SystemThe disc brake system acts directly on the hub instead of the drive shaft to avoid planetary gear backlash. This minimizes the rocking effect associated with working free on wheels.
Keeps Operators Productive All Shift Long
Legacy from the Renowned Cat Wheel Material HandlersDesigned for the operator, our cabs are unique.
- Frequently used switches are centralized, kept to the minimum and ideally located close to the joysticks.
- Storage compartments are useful … when well designed. The lunch box provides sufficient room to store a hard hat. Several other areas include drink, phone, or key holders.
Comfortable Seat OptionsOur seats provide all the comfort needed for a long day of work. The comfort seat is equipped with a passive seat climate control and air suspension which can be adjusted to the operator’s weight.
Automatic Climate ControlEasy adjustment of the cab temperature with filtered ventilation.
Details That Make the DifferenceHave a look at the cab; you will see it is through details that we improve pleasure of operating.
Smart Controls to Reduce Fatigue
- Features like SmartBoom or joystick steering will be precious to increase your productivity.
- Two-way pedals for travel and auxiliary circuits provide increased floor space, reducing the need to change positions.
Plug, Charge and Play Your Devices
- The 12V 7A power supply socket is conveniently located for charging your laptop, or a tablet.
- A CD/MP3 radio with speakers and USB port is available.
Simplicity and Functionality
For Ease of Operation
A Cab Just for You – Fully Adjustable
- Seat armrests, in height and angle
- Steering column adjustment, fore/aft tiltable
- Hydraulic sensitivity of the machine to make it more or less aggressive
- Automatic air conditioning
Low Sound Levels, Less FatigueThe rubber-mounted cab includes thick steel tubing. Associated with the comfortable air-suspended seat helps reduce vibrations and sound levels.
Visibility: See the difference!
- Halogen front roading lights and working lights
- LED rear roading lights
- All glass is affixed directly to the cab, eliminating the use of window frames.
- The 70/30 split front windshield stores the upper portion above the operator and is easy to release.
- A large skylight provides upward visibility and includes a retractable sunscreen. The parallel wiper system covers the entire front windshield.
Standard Rearview CameraTogether with the best in class visibility to all sides, the rear view displayed on the monitor helps ensure a safe operation.
Large Color MonitorEasy to read and in local language, you can rely on the high resolution LCD monitor, which will keep you aware of any important information. “Quick Access” buttons allow a quick selection of favorite functions. The tool select function lets you preset up to ten different hydraulic attachments for quick tool changes.
Durability – Designed with No CompromisesYou know that a material handler works only as good as its front linkage is able to handle the job. The M324D2 MH’s booms and sticks are purpose built for the loads encountered in material handling applications. Sticks are purposely designed with leading side plates to maximize the protection of hydraulic lines.
MH BoomMH booms include high pressure hydraulic lines for opening and closing functionality and medium pressure lines for implement rotation.
MH SticksMH sticks are equipped with high and medium pressure auxiliary lines. The 4900 mm and 5900 mm Drop Nose Sticks offer the reaching and lifting capabilities required for typical MH applications, while the 4800 mm Straight Stick is the best solution when additional work tool functionality is needed.
Special ApplicationsThe M324D2 MH offers the ability to combine the hydraulic cab riser with a traditional excavator front linkage. This combination has been proven in transfer station, mining, and millyard applications.
When Operation Becomes as Easy as Pleasant
Joystick SteeringKeep both hands on your joysticks even when you need to reposition the machine while simultaneously moving the implements. You can do more precise work faster.
Get the best power output from the engine and hydraulics and maintain optimum fuel efficiency:
- Economy Mode – for precise material handling and loading with the added benefit of reduced fuel consumption.
- Power Mode – for applications requiring fast volume loading and material casting.
Automatic Travel ModeAutomatically engaged when the travel pedal is depressed, this mode provides maximum speed, drawbar pull and best in class fuel efficiency.
SmartBoom™Allow your operator to fully concentrate on production.The unique Cat SmartBoom significantly enhances operator comfort and job efficiency by reducing stress and vibrations transmitted to the machine. Loading is more productive and more fuel efficient as the return cycle is reduced while the boom down function does not require pump flow.
Your Safety is NOT Optional
Smart devices are embedded to offer as much safety as possible for your operators, and help enforce safe behavior:
- Large handrails and steps assist you during cab ingress and egress.
- Anti-skid plates on all walkways and steps reduce slipping hazards, by decreasing the accumulation of mud, improving machine cleanliness and operator and technician safety.
- LED rear lights enhance visibility.
- Seat belt
- Emergency shut off switch and battery disconnect switch.
- Lowering check valves
- Standard rearview camera gives you a clear field of view behind the machine through the monitor.
- MSS Machine Security System prevents unauthorized machine use.
Work Tool Attachments
Move More, Make More
Attachment Solutions for Scrap Recycling, Bulk HandlingWhen productivity, reliability and stability are important, Cat attachments are the perfect solution for the M324D2 MH. Choose one for your Cat machine for maximum performance.
Productive and Perfectly MatchedLoading and unloading is foundational to your productivity. Grapples are sized right for the M324D2 MH. They are designed for maximum penetration into the pile. The full power of your machine is utilized to provide fast open/close times and powerful closing force. Full, 360° rotation systems allow precise placement. Together, an M324D2 MH and Cat grapple allow you to move volumes with minimal time and effort.
Built for Severe MaterialCat grapples are built to take on the material you move. Hydraulic components are protected from damage, yet easily accessed for routine maintenance. Areas that dig and penetrate are made of high quality, wear resistant material to keep them in working condition. Components that pivot and move are engineered to the latest standards for a long life. Cat grapples last for a positive impact to your bottom line.
Orange Peel GrapplesThe perfect solution for scrap yards, recycling plants and transfer stations. These grapples are available with 4 or 5 tines, in capacities from 750 to 1000 liter. Several shell choices allow further customization of your grapple to the specific material you work with.
Clamshell GrapplesThe perfect solution for loading and transferring large volumes of loose material like grain, coal, sand and gravel. These grapples are configured with several shells for different capacity options to meet your specific requirements.
Power MatchMatch your Cat hydraulic work tools to your Cat machine, and get the most out of the standard, built-in software. Ten hydraulic pump flow and pressure settings can be preset within the monitor, eliminating the need to adjust the hydraulics each time a tool is changed. Work tool changes have never been easier!Contact your local Cat dealer to learn more about the specific grapple choices available in your region.
It Pays to Know
Cat® ConnectCat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before.Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.Featured Cat Connect technologies include the following:
LinkLink technologies provide wireless capability to machines to enable two-way transfer of information collected by on-board sensors, control modules, and other Cat Connect technologies.
Manage Your Machine RemotelyCat Product Link™ is a system that is deeply integrated into the machine monitoring system to take the guesswork out of managing your equipment. The system tracks location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes and shares it with you through VisionLink® to help you maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower operating costs.
Generations Ahead in Every Way
Fuel Efficiency and Reduced Exhaust EmissionsThe Cat C7.1 engine meets China Nonroad III, UN/ECE R96 Stage IIIA emission standards, and U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards, and performs the same amount of work as the previous model.
Fewer Leaks and SpillsLubricant fillers and drains, Cat O-ring face seals, Cat XT™ hose and hydraulic cylinders are all designed to prevent fluid leaks that can reduce the machine performance.
Biodegradable Hydraulic OilThe optional Cat Bio HYDO Advanced HEES™ is fully decomposed by soil or water microorganisms, as opposed to mineral-based oils.
Complete Customer Care
Your Cat Dealer Will Support You Like No Other
Support You Can Count On
From helping you to choose the right machine to knowledgeable on-going support, Cat dealers provide the best-in-sales and services.
- Best long-term investment with financing options and services
- Productive operation with training programs
- Preventive maintenance and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Uptime, with best-in-class parts availability
- Repair, rebuild, or replace? Your dealer can help evaluate the best option.
Easy Ground Level MaintenanceOur excavators are designed with the operator and technician in mind. Door opening is assisted with gas springs.Front Compartment – Ground level access to the batteries, air-to-air aftercooler, air conditioner condenser and the air cleaner filter.Swing-out Air Conditioner Condenser allows cleaning on both sides and access to the air-to-air aftercooler.Engine Compartment – The longitudinal layout ensures accessibility from ground level.
Extended Service Intervals to Reduce Costs
- S·O·SSM Oil Sampling Analysis – Enhances performance and durability. This system can predict potential failures and can extend hydraulic oil change intervals up to 6,000 hours.
- Engine Oil (low ash oil) – Cat engine oil is more cost effective and provides industry-leading performance. Engine oil change interval can be extended up to 500 hours.
- Capsule Filter – The hydraulic return filter prevents contamination when the hydraulic oil is changed.
- Fuel Filters and Water Separator – The new filtration system is suited for challenging work conditions, even when using poor fuel quality. The new primary filter offers increased filtration capabilities and works in conjunction with a water separator. Fuel filters are designed to last up to 500 hours (250 hours with very poor fuel quality). The primary fuel filter includes a fuel priming pump, a water level switch and a visual restriction indicator.
- Remote Greasing – Centralized or grouped points for hard to reach and critical locations.
Waste Handling Package
Specifically developed for machines working in dusty environments, this package has been tested to make sure customers can rely on it. This package includes:
- An automatic, hydraulic reversible fan that reverses airflow after a set interval, manually adjustable between 2 and 60 minutes directly from the monitor.
- A special dense wire mesh cooling system hood that further helps to reduce radiator clogging.
- A maintenance-free turbine precleaner with side dust ejection provides precleaned air to the engine air filter.
- A new air filter.
- A special dense wire mesh covering air inlets.
- A new sealing all around the front hood.
The front hood enclosures are perforated when the machine is equipped with the Waste Handling Package.