We understand the challenges you face, the importance of reliability, and the relationship between uptime and productivity. That’s why we continually strive to produce the safest, most reliable and productive hydraulic mining shovels possible. Offering the widest payload range of any manufacturer in the industry, the ability to optimally pair with our popular line of mining trucks, and the support of our world-class Cat dealer network, we are uniquely positioned to partner with you to help achieve your productivity targets. We understand what matters to you. Our hydraulic mining shovels are built with you in mind. Because in mining, every day matters and every load counts.
Balanced Combination of Power and Efficiency
Meeting Your Site Specific Needs with a Choice of Robust Drive System Options
Giving you the option to choose the drive system best suited for your operation, the Cat 6060/6060 FS can be equipped with either two diesel engines for greater mobility, or an electric drive for better efficiency.
Durable and Proven Cat 3512C Engines
Offering unsurpassed performance and durability, Cat 3512C engines have been proven to withstand the challenging conditions found at mine sites across the globe. Delivering high power output, proven reliability, and excellent fuel efficiency, 3512C engines keep your primary loading tool producing, while maintaining a low cost of operation, to keep you profitable.
Efficient Electric Drive System on 6060 AC/6060 AC FS
Providing a lower cost-per-ton alternative to diesel powered hydraulic mining shovels, our electric drive option maintains the ruggedness you need and offers superior availability since no refueling and less service is required. The 6060 AC/6060 AC FS is the ideal solution for operations that do not require a great deal of mobility and value a low cost-per-ton model.
Stay Up and Running More Consistently
Keep Producing and Ensure the Safety of Your Operators, Even During Single Engine Loss
You will realize enhanced safety, greater uptime, more productivity, and better serviceability as a result of our twin engine concept.
The ability to move your shovel to a safe area for repair, away from high walls, blast zones, or other safety hazards, is still possible with the use of a single engine.
Greater Uptime and More Productivity
65% of full production can still be achieved with the use of a single engine. This is due to the shovel’s continued ability to exert maximum digging forces, to lower the front attachment without requiring engine power (i.e., pressure-free), and to recuperate energy via its closed-loop swing circuit.
Troubleshooting is greatly simplified and expedited with the ability to compare one engine versus the other.
Superior Digging Capability and Bucket Fill Factors
Dig More Effectively with Our Unique TriPower Front Shovel Design
You will experience safer, easier and faster front shovel operation with TriPower, a system proven on over a thousand Cat hydraulic mining shovels worldwide. Generating superior mechanical leverage and control, our FS configured hydraulic mining shovels utilize a unique boom design that employs rotatable triangular rockers. This design facilitates quicker cycle times, increased effective lifting force, constant boom momentum, automatic constant bucket angle, and automatic roll-back limiter.
Quicker Cycle Times
- Faster lifting speeds are achieved, because the design enables the use of smaller-diameter boom cylinders.
Increased Effective Lifting Force
- Design transfers digging forces into the superstructure, creating supporting boom momentum in addition to momentum that is generated hydraulically.
Constant Boom Momentum
- Allows smaller boom cylinders for higher lifting speed. - Keeps lifting speed constant. - Enables the shovel to lift a single load along the entire digging distance. - No retracting of stick cylinders is required, ensuring that all hydraulic pumps are supplying the boom-up function.
Automatic Constant Bucket Angle
- Material spillage is avoided during boom lifting, because the filled bucket automatically maintains a constant bucket angle. - On conventional kinematics the operator has to control manually the bucket position during lifting which cut in half the available oil flow for the boom cylinders.
Automatic Roll-back Limiter
- Preventing material spillage back on to the operator’s cab and machine superstructure, our system ensures that the bucket is always in a safe position, without operator control/manipulation, when it is at maximum height. - The boom cylinder continues to receive maximum oil flow, because the operator does not need to activate the bucket cylinder.
Easy Serviceability and Greater Productivity
Straightforward, Safe System Maintenance
Ensuring neat organization for safe operation, easy inspection, and fast service, and reducing the number of hoses needed, the main valve block is located on top of the boom.
Faster Cycle Times
Faster cycle times are realized, because float valves are used to lower the boom instead of engaging pumps. This facilitates faster boom movements and allows other operating functions to occur simultaneously, such as bucket curl and stick in/out.
Your operators will experience greater control with our five circuit hydraulics, allowing for two cylinder motions, two travel motions, and swing to be controlled simultaneously.
Independent Oil Cooling System
More Effective Oil Cooling for Extended Component Life
Protect and Extend the Life of Your Hydraulic Components and Seals
Providing a more efficient means of cooling, particularly in demanding applications, our unique independent oil cooling system will extend the life of your hydraulic mining shovel’s components.
More Efficient Oil Cooling
Our system is independent of return oil, achieving efficiency through the utilization of dedicated pumps that provide cooling capacity as needed, whether the engine is idling or under load. That means optimum oil temperature is being maintained, even while your operator waits for the next truck to load. Competitive hydraulic mining shovels only provide cooling when the machine is working and the engine is under load. Additional efficiency is achieved via our thermostatically controlled radiator fan speed. The fans do not run until oil temperature exceeds a temperature of 50° C (122° F), saving energy.
Optimal Oil Temperature Maintained
The highly efficient oil cooling system ensures that the oil temperature is only 25° C to 30° C (45° F to 54° F) higher than the ambient temperature. Thus the hydraulic oil working temperature remains within the optimal operating viscosity range of 50° C to 70° C (122° F to 158° F).
Pump Managing System
Enhanced Efficiency, Component Life, and Control Response
Experience Improved Machine Control and Component Life, while Reducing Fuel Consumption and Noise Emission, with Our Intelligent Pump Managing System
Delivering optimal performance, our pump managing system continuously evaluates actual engine and hydraulic operating values against set values, and adjusts pump output accordingly. This results in efficient use of the engine for greater productivity. Pump managing system advantages include:
- Best possible utilization of engine output and engine overload avoidance via electronic load limit regulation
- Less energy consumption and less thermal load on hydraulic oil with zero oil flow regulation for main pumps
- Less fuel consumption and lower noise emission via automatic RPM reduction
- Reduced component wear and lower noise emission with automatic oil flow reduction for closing/opening of bucket clam
- Protection of components with automatic oil flow reduction if hydraulic and/or engine coolant temperature exceed set maximum
- Improved operator control response via on-demand pump flow
Closed-loop Swing Circuit
More Efficient Energy Use and Faster Boom Lift Motion During Swing
Load More Material, at Lower Cost, with the Energy Recovery Capability of our Closed-loop Swing System
Delivering faster cycle times and improved energy efficiency, while also generating less heat, our closed-loop swing circuit provides distinct advantages over competitive machines utilizing open-circuit swing systems.
Greater Efficiency Via Energy Recovery
Kinetic energy captured during the swing motion is fed back into the system during deceleration, providing more power to drive the main and auxiliary pumps. Energy is saved during deceleration, because braking occurs via counteracting controls, as opposed to throttles used in open circuit swing systems.
Energy Savings During Acceleration
Energy is saved during acceleration via torque control, providing a pressure balance valve that controls the swing pump against pressure in the closed-loop swing circuit, ensuring that only the minimum necessary oil flow is utilized at any given time.
Faster Cycle Times
Faster boom lift motion during swing is achieved with our closed-loop swing system, increasing overall productivity.
Ensuring the Safety and Comfort of Your Operators
Get Peak Operator Performance with Our Safe and Comfortable Operator’s Cab
We understand that the most important factor in your hydraulic shovel’s effectiveness is the performance of its operator. To help make their workday as productive as possible, we’ve incorporated safety and comfort features into the 6060/6060 FS operator’s cab.
Protection for Your Operator; Every Day, Every Shift
- Safety glass is used for all cab windows, and armored glass for the windshield.
- Operator’s seat is equipped with integrated safety switch that automatically neutralizes the hydraulic controls when the operator leaves the seat.
- Position of cab module, approximately 7.6 m (24 ft 11 in) high, provides excellent visibility of the digging and loading areas.
- Cab meets Falling Object Protection System (FOPS) and DIN ISO 3449 standards.
Supporting Peak Operator Performance with Comfort Features
- Pneumatically cushioned, multi-adjustable operator’s seat.
- Large, transflective color touch-screen display (BCS III) provides vital machine monitoring and diagnostic data for convenient troubleshooting and service assistance.
- Enhanced control response and servo adjustment capability via electro-hydraulic servo control.
Electronic Control System
Operate with Confidence
Enhanced Control Response and Optimized Hydraulic Engine Load Management
Help your team meet productivity and performance standards with our intuitive, informative on-board electronics.
Electro-Hydraulic Servo Control - Enhanced Control Response
The system relays actuating signals from the joysticks, delivering fast and precise machine reactions that reduce operator fatigue.
Electro-Hydraulic Servo Control - Increased Uptime
Uptime is increased as a result of simplified troubleshooting and advanced diagnostic capabilities.
Electro-Hydraulic Servo Control - Greater Operator Comfort
Easier setting of servo control characteristics allow operators to adjust to their preference.
Electro-Hydraulic Servo Control - Clean and Quiet Cab Environment
No hydraulic lines are present in the cab or the cab module, ensuring a clean arrangement with less noise emission.
Control and Monitoring Platform (CAMP) - Reduced Control System Inventory
Streamlined system requires only one type of controller for each function (i.e., left side drive train, right side drive train, servo, and auxiliary) reducing the number of required controllers in the system and associated replacement stock.
Control and Monitoring Platform (CAMP) - Less Fuel Consumption
Engine works in optimal range of performance during the entire digging cycle, reducing fuel burn.
Control and Monitoring Platform (CAMP) - Increased Component Life
Reduced hydraulic pulsation lessens stress imposed on the engine and hydraulic components.
Control and Monitoring Platform (CAMP) - Enhanced Operator Comfort
Less vibration and more even machine movement via reduced pressure peaks.
Control and Monitoring Platform (CAMP) - On-screen Documentation
The Parts book, Technical handbook, and Operating handbook, as well as hydraulic and electric schematics, are available in electronic format.
Cat MineStar System and Technology Solutions
Evolving Your Mine for Greater Safety and Productivity
Helping You Enhance Safety and Productivity through Technology
Aimed at enhancing the productivity and profitability of your hydraulic mining shovel, we currently offer a combination of Cat MineStar System offerings and Cat hydraulic mining shovel technology solutions.
Cat MineStar System
Helping you achieve your goals for enhanced mine site safety, improved efficiency, reduced operating costs, and greater profitability, the Cat MineStar System provides the most comprehensive suite of mining technology products in the industry. It consists of a number of configurable capability sets - Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health, and Command - that allow you to scale the system to your mine site needs. Cat MineStar System helps you manage everything from material tracking to sophisticated real-time fleet management, machine health systems, autonomous equipment, and more. The Cat 6060/6060 FS is currently able to utilize three of the Cat MineStar System capability sets:
- Fleet Fleet provides real-time machine tracking, assignment and productivity management, providing a comprehensive overview of all your asset operations from anywhere in the world.
- Terrain Terrain enables high-precision management of drilling, dragline, grading and loading operations through the use of guidance technology. It increases machine productivity and provides you real-time feedback for improved efficiency.
Detect provides equipment operators with enhanced awareness for increased site safety, using a combination of radars, an in-cab display, and multiple cameras. The remaining Cat MineStar System capability sets are currently under development for the Cat hydraulic mining shovel product line.
Hydraulic Mining Shovel Technology Solutions - Monitoring and Diagnostic System
Enhancing diagnostic capabilities and providing detailed troubleshooting functions, our Board Control System uses sensors throughout the machine to monitor operating data, record faults, and notify the operator audibly and visually. This promotes the earliest possible detection of faults and allows for timely maintenance planning and assistance for speedy repair.
Move More Material with Optimal Pass Match Pairings
Achieve Targeted Loading/Hauling Production with Perfectly Paired Cat Hydraulic Mining Shovels and Mining Trucks
For full truck payloads with minimum loading time, an efficient loading/hauling system begins with an optimized equipment match. Cat hydraulic mining shovels are matched with Cat mining trucks to maximize volume of material moved at the lowest operating cost per ton.
Front Attachment Options and Structures
Bolstering Your Investment with Robust and Durable Structures
Rugged Front Attachment Options Designed and Fabricated to Withstand Your Extreme Mining Conditions
To extend service life and ensure that your shovel keeps producing, our front shovel attachment structures are designed for durability and dependability. Extended performance in the harsh mining conditions you face daily is accomplished through selection of high-strength steels and rugged castings, joined and thermally stress-relieved, to help you achieve your productivity targets.
Front Attachment Structures Include:
- Heavy castings at all pivot points
- Better flow of forces and less welding seams, as top chords are made of one bend plate
- Entire boom and stick are stress-relieved after welding
- Welding procedures allow for internal welding (double prep weld)
Longer Component Life for Better Swing System Reliability
More Reliable Swing Component Life
Extending component life and ultimately improving machine uptime, our swing system includes a triple-race swing roller bearing with internal gearing connected to an automatic lubrication system. For added reliability, all lube lines are located inside the roller bearing for maximum protection.
Easier maintenance is afforded by the free accessibility of swing gears and rotary distributor.
Tough and Long-lasting
Less Wear and Tear on Crawler Components
Extending track life and improving overall machine reliability, our undercarriages are engineered with extensive use of finite element analysis, steel structures are optimized, travel motors are well-protected by strong cover plates and hinged door covers, and a unique robust track chain incorporates a combined pad/link design. Further extending track life, a state-of-the-art track tensioning system with membrane accumulator automatically adapts the tensioning of the tracks, depending upon operating conditions.
Designed with Your Safety as Our Top Priority
Sharing your commitment to safety, and driven by our commitment to Zero Harm, we work tirelessly to design the safest machines possible to protect your most important asset; your employees. That is why we updated the design of the 6060/6060 FS in accordance with the principles of MDG 41 and 15, and offer this standard, not as an option or upgrade. Some examples of the safety-enhancing features of the Cat 6060/6060 FS hydraulic mining shovel include the following:
- All stairways have 45° angle for safe and comfortable access and movement about the machine.
- Slide down emergency egress ladder directly adjacent to the operator’s cab.
- Hydraulically operated boarding ladder with emergency lowering via nitrogen accumulator ensures that ladder remains operational even when engines shut off.
- Machine swing and propel capability is switched-off when ladder is in down position.
Service and Maintenance
- Improved routing and clamping of hydraulic hoses.
- Hydraulic hoses and electrical wiring are separated from each other for fire prevention.
- All service areas are accessible via anti-slip walkways, and trip hazards are eliminated.
- All hot surfaces are covered to prevent burns.
- Cabinet with battery isolation switch, mounted on top deck directly above the battery box, allows quick and easy shut-off of voltage on the entire shovel.
- Cabinet contains a starter isolator which allows on-board voltage, but prevents starting of engines.
- An easily accessible, standard shut-off switch located in the cab shuts down the electrical system in case of emergencies.
- Additional shut-off switches are located on the machine, in the machine house or accessible from the ground with pull ropes.
Precise Bucket Control
• Minimizing the potential for material spill on to the attachment or cab, the TriPower automatic roll-back limiter prevents the bucket from being curled back too far.
Designed to Get You Back to Work Fast
Lowering your operating costs and maximizing your hydraulic mining shovel’s uptime and productivity is of supreme importance to us. To that end, we’ve made vital components more accessible and designed simpler systems to make maintenance activities quicker and easier.
Open, Spacious Access to Components
- Facilitating easier maintenance, exceptional accessibility is provided to systems like the swing motor, swing gearbox and rotary distributor in the well organized superstructure. The engine is accessible from three sides.
- Easily accessed by walkways on both sides, the boom-mounted main valve block, a feature unique to Cat hydraulic mining shovels, provides a clean layout and reduces the number of hoses leading from the superstructure to the attachment.
Simple Hydraulic System with Main Valve Block Positioned on Boom
- Ensuring neat organization for safe operation, easy inspection and fast service, the design of our hydraulic system significantly reduces the total number of frequently moving hoses from the superstructure to the attachment.
- Longer hose life via improved routing in accordance with MDG design standards.
Easy Ground-level Fuel and Fluid Replenishment
• Quick fuel and fluid replenishment is made easy with a retractable service station underneath the engine module, accessible at ground-level.
Improved Drive Train Troubleshooting
• Twin-engine design facilitates troubleshooting of drive trains, as one engine can be compared to the other.
Stay Up and Running with Service and Support from Our Unmatched Global Network
Commitment Makes the Difference
Cat dealers offer a wide range of solutions, services and products that help you lower costs, enhance productivity and manage your operation more efficiently. From the time you select a piece of Cat equipment until the day you trade or sell it, the support you get from your Cat dealer makes the difference.
Cat dealers provide the level of support you need, on a global scale. Dealer expert technicians have the knowledge, experience, training and tooling necessary to handle your repair and maintenance needs, when and where you need them.
When Cat products reach the field, they are supported by a worldwide network of parts distribution facilities, dealer service centers and technical training facilities to keep your equipment up and running. Cat customers rely on prompt, dependable parts availability through our global dealer network, ready to meet your needs 24/7.
Every piece of Cat equipment is designed and built to provide maximum productivity and operating economy throughout its working life. Cat dealers offer a wide range of service plans that will maximize uptime and return on your investment, including:
- Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Diagnostic Programs, such as Scheduled Oil Sampling and Technical Analysis
- Rebuild and Reman Option
- Customer Support Agreements
Operating and maintenance costs are influenced by many application and site-specific factors, such as: material density and fragmentation, payload, bench height, truck positioning, ground conditions, amount of traveling and maintenance. Your Cat dealer can provide you with an understanding of the effects application characteristics and operating techniques have on maintenance and operating costs.
Your Cat dealer can arrange training programs to help operators improve productivity, decrease downtime, reduce operating costs and enhance safety.
Higher Standards for a Better Tomorrow
Meeting the needs of today without compromising the needs of tomorrow is the goal for all Cat machinery. The commitment to helping you operate safely and sustainably is affirmed in the production of the 6060/6060 FS hydraulic mining shovel.
Cat Hydraulic Mining Shovel Sustainability - Electric Power Option
Produces less emissions, heat, and sound, and avoids disposal/replenishment of engine oil and oil filters.
Cat Hydraulic Mining Shovel Sustainability - Energy Recovery
Emit less heat and improve energy efficiency via the energy recovery capability of the closed-loop swing circuit.
Cat Hydraulic Mining Shovel Sustainability - Rebuilds
Decrease your energy use and material consumption with a machine that’s designed to be rebuilt.