Makes operation easy, comfortable and productive
Spacious and Comfortable
- Pressurized cab reduces dust entry and noise
- Standard heating – air conditioning
- Dash mounted air vents for improved air circulation
- Generous leg room
- Foot rests
- Single and combined hystat, brake and engine decel pedal
- Integrated ROPS/FOPS cabin structure that provides outstanding all round visibility
Outstanding VisibilityLarge door windows provide unobstructed view to the blade corners and help increase your finish grading precision when working near foundations. Intermittent wipers maximize visibility in poor weather conditions.Large side windows and integrated ROPS structure of cabin offers a clear view to the sides of the machine.
Comfortable Ride – Air Suspension Seat
- Fully adjustable
- Lumbar support
- Heated seat (optional)
- Heated and ventilated seat (optional)
- Seat-mounted controls
- A 75 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt automatically adjusts to any size operator and secures them in the seat for safe operation
The display keeps you informed of the system conditions.
- Easy to read
- Various available languages
- Large gauges
- New AccuGrade display support position, in line with blade corners and integrated into the dashboard
Work longer with less effort
Convenient Seat-Mounted Controls Reduce Vibrations
- Seat-mounted controls isolate vibrations from the operator for optimum comfort and precise control
- New easy to adjust armrest and contoured armrest cushion
- Precision and maneuverability when working around structures
- Easy to grip handles
- Easy intuitive and low effort operation
Steering and Transmission JoystickSingle joystick for the speed, direction and steering. It includes a thumb wheel for speed adjustment and the Traction Control button.
Dozer and Implements Controls
- Six-way control of the VPAT blade
- Blade shake feature for effective removal of sticky material
- Blade response can be adjusted through the monitoring system
- Rear attachments are controlled by a single lever
Stable Blade Control…
…assists you in finish grading applications.Both new and experienced operators will find operating the machine easy with our new Stable Blade Control.Stable Blade Control senses ground conditions to complement operator input for smooth finish grading results with less operator effort. This system reacts faster than humanly possible.
Smooth and responsive to changing loads
Performance: Hydrostatic Transmission
Engine speed is automatically maintained to match the power requirements of the application. It also offers independent power and control of each track, for fast acceleration and on-the-go direction changes.
- Quick response to varying loads for shorter cycle times
- Traction control allows better traction when working in poor underfoot conditions
- Intuitive controls help you work in tight areas
- Power turn feature provides power to both tracks while working in confined areas
- Counter-rotation provides quick steering corrections during side loading applications
Eco Modes achieve significant fuel consumption reduction by allowing the engine to run at lower speed whenever possible, and rapidly increasing speed when power is needed. Designed to save fuel in light or medium duty applications, the extremely fast engine response allows these modes to be used even in power demanding applications and eliminates the need to constantly shift into and out of Eco Modes.
- Operators can either select the “Reverse only” or “Forward and Reverse” mode
- Can help save from 5 percent up to 18 percent of fuel depending on the application
Solutions to lower your costs per hour
Updated Undercarriage DesignThe new undercarriage design improves durability and increases stability to allow smoother ride and excellent finish grading performance. You can grade faster, while still producing a top quality finish grade at the first pass.
Choice of Undercarriage Configurations to Meet Your Application
Track frames are available in extra long (XL) or low ground pressure (LGP) configurations:
- XL undercarriage for most applications where flotation and side stability are not extreme
- LGP undercarriage for soft underfoot conditions where additional flotation is required
Caterpillar offers a choice of two undercarriages – Heavy Duty Sealed and Lubricated Track (S<) and SystemOne™. Matching the correct undercarriage to the application and soil conditions will deliver the lowest costs per hour.
- Heavy Duty Sealed and Lubricated Track (S<) Undercarriage – For impact applications, with the necessary wear material for long life – Designed to ease disassembly for bushing turn service to maximize track link wear life
- SystemOne Undercarriage – For moderate to high abrasion applications – For reduced maintenance costs and increased life of all undercarriage components – Innovative rotating bushing design that eliminates the need for bushing turns
Monitor, manage, and enhance job site operationsCat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before.Cat Connect technologies offers improvements in these key areas:Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs.Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency.Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
Cat Connect LINK TechnologiesLINK technologies wirelessly connect you to your equipment giving you access to essential information you need to know to run your business. Link data can give you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing so you can make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
Product Link/VisionLink®Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, helping to take the guesswork out of equipment management. Easy access to timely information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface can help you effectively manage your fleet and lower operating costs.
Cat Connect GRADE TechnologiesGRADE technologies combine digital design data, in-cab guidance and automatic machine control to help operators hit target grade faster and finish jobs quickly, accurately, and in fewer passes – improving grading productivity and efficiency with less rework.
Cat AccuGradeThe dealer-installed AccuGrade system automates blade movements and accurately guides the operator to grade, reducing manual operator inputs as much as 80 percent. Experienced operators can maintain peak efficiency levels throughout the work day, and less experienced operators can be more productive faster. AccuGrade reduces grade checking and staking, labor and material costs, and improves job site safety.
Caterpillar offers a choice of:
- Laser – for 2D flat planes and slopes
- Global Navigation Satellite System – for complex 3D cuts/contours
- Universal Total Station – for fine and finish grades
AccuGrade Ready Option (ARO)The factory AccuGrade Ready Option provides optimal mounting locations, brackets, and hardware to make the AccuGrade installation quick and easy. Deep integration optimizes machine and system performance and productivity.
Move more with productive and durable blades
New Bulldozer and Wider Blade Design
- Both XL and LGP blades are now wider; this improves finish grading productivity by covering more ground at each pass
- Strong design allows Cat blades to stand up to the most severe applications
- Large spherical linkage bearing for easier blade removal and designed for the life of the machine
New Variable Pitch Angle Tilt (VPAT) BladeThe versatility of the VPAT Blade gives the D6K2 the ability to take on a variety of applications and material conditions, such as finish grading, spreading material or backfilling.This blade allows the operator to adjust the blade lift, angle and tilt simultaneously. The blade pitch adjustment is made easier, which can help increase your productivity.
Foldable Blade OptionDesigned to facilitate transportation without blade removal, foldable blades reduce the overall shipping width. The blade can be easily folded without the need for tools.
Rear Attachments and Options
Increase your versatility
Multi-Shank RipperThe aggressive parallelogram ripper lets you do more productive ripper work. The parallel linkage design provides better penetration and maneuverability in tight working areas.
Dealer Installed Hydrostatic WinchThe winch features excellent line pull at any speed, infinitely variable drum speed, lower operator effort and unmatched load control.*
Standard Control Ripper Ready PackageThis option makes ripper installation easy for machines on which a ripper will be added.
DrawbarThe drawbar is useful for retrieving other equipment or pulling work tools such as discs or compactors.*Contact your dealer for winch availability and installation.
Heavy Duty (Forestry) Options
An easier way to work in the woods or in severe applications:
- 360 degree guarding, for added protection of the cab
- Various heavy duty guards, including rear tank guard
Cold Weather Packages
Start your machine even when ambient temperatures are down to –32° C (–25.6° F).
- 240V jacket water heater and engine coolant
- Standard glowplug
- Antifreeze fluids, up to –50° C (–58° F) capability
Durable and efficientThe engine radiator, Air To Air After Cooler (ATAAC), and hydraulic oil cooler are packaged in a single plane. Aluminum bar plate construction provides durability and allows for higher heat transfer and superior corrosion resistance.
Hydraulic Demand FanThe demand fan provides engine cooling capability that is matched to the ambient conditions. Fan speed is automatically reduced when not needed to save fuel.
Hydraulic Reversing FanThis option allows the fan to reverse airflow and blow debris out of the radiator cores where applications feature high amounts of airborne debris is present. Both automatic and manual modes are available.Inspection and cleaning of the engine radiator area is easy and from ground level.
Improved fuel economy
Efficient, Durable and PowerfulThe Cat C7.1 ACERT engine is designed to be reliable, fuel efficient and powerful.
This means more work done in a day, low operating cost and minimal impact on our environment.
- Reliable, offering an improved filtration system including a primary fuel filter with increased filtration capacities and a larger fuel/water separator.
- Efficient, with optimized fuel consumption and glowplug starting aid when working in cold weather.
- Powerful, featuring a more robust injection system, the engine delivers all the power you need and when you need it.
Fuel Consumption EfficiencyAutomatic Engine Speed Control (AESC) – reduces engine speed when the machine is not under load for more than five seconds, which can help reduce fuel consumption significantly depending on the application.Engine Idle Shutdown Timer – This option (when activated by the operator) shuts down the engine after the machine has been idling for a pre-set period of time.
Power and reliability
Cat engines deliver the performance that customers demand.
- Responds quickly to changing loads
- Constant power strategy: delivers the same amount of power whatever the conditions may be
- Optimized based on engine size, the type of application and the geographic location where D6K2 customers work
To assure that our technology will meet our customers expectations for reliable trouble-free service, we subjected these products to extensive operating hours of test and validation.
When uptime counts
Accessible, Quick and Easy Maintenance to Keep You Working
Long service intervals and easy maintenance keep the machine up and running, lower your costs and reduce service time.
- Large, hinged door on the engine compartment for easy access to all regular engine maintenance points
- Grouped pressure taps for quick testing and troubleshooting of the hydraulic system
- Lower service panel can be removed without tools providing quick access to inspect engine compartment and filters
- Ground level access to hydraulic filters
- Improved fuel filtration system
- Tool box to keep your tools and grease gun at hand
- Monitoring system with automatic checks at start up
- Robust and convenient modular design
Product LinkRemote monitoring with Product Link improves and simplifies overall fleet management effectiveness. Using satellite or cellular technology, the system automatically reports events and diagnostic codes, as well as location, fuel, idle time or security alarms.
Renowned Cat Dealer Support
From helping you choose the right machine to knowledgeable ongoing support, Cat dealers provide the best in sales and service.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Best-in-class parts availability
- Operator training to help boost your profits
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts
Thinking generations aheadSustainable development for Caterpillar means leveraging technology to increase your efficiency and productivity with less impact on the environment and assisting our customers do the same. Caterpillar is providing products, services and solutions that use resources more efficiently – from reducing emissions to remanufacturing.
- Meets U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent and Brazil MAR-1 emission standards.
- Fuel efficient engine and features such as the Eco Modes help reduce your overall fuel consumption. Decreases in fuel consumption result in a decrease in combustion of carbon.
- Technologies like AccuGrade and Product Link help improve overall efficiency, save fuel and fluids as well as wear and tear on equipment.
- Biodiesels (20% maximum, mixed with Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel) and biodegradable hydraulic oil can be used without reducing the life of the system (when available). Always refer to your Operation and Maintenance Manual for proper usage of fluids.
- Major components are built to be rebuilt, eliminating waste and saving customers money.
Make sure you’re safe
- Integrated ROPS/FOPS for added operator protection with an enclosed cab
- Excellent visibility, large glass panels, various mirrors
- Various grab handles and steps make climbing on and off the tractor easy, with three points of contact
- Anti-slip surfaces
- Operator Not Present monitoring system automatically disables implements and engages parking brake and prevents unintentional machine movements
- Work tools lock-out feature
- Back-up alarm
These are some of the various features that enhance safety during operation of the D6K2.