Superior comfort to keep you productive throughout the work day.
All Day ComfortComfort and ease of operation have been designed into every aspect of the operator station. The wide, spacious interior and uncluttered floor provide a comfortable work environment with excellent head, shoulder and leg room to keep productivity high and fatigue low. The adjustable seat and low effort controls keep the operator comfortable throughout the work day.
Low Effort Joystick ControlsErgonomic, pilot hydraulic controls deliver precise control with minimal effort. The right joystick controls the loader raise, lower and tilt functions while the left joystick controls the forward and reverse travel speed plus direction. Optional deluxe joysticks provide additional auxiliary controls with fingertip control of many work tool functions, including proportional work tool hydraulics and work tool electrical. Basic and deluxe joystick functions include one-touch continuous auxiliary hydraulic flow and momentary auxiliary hydraulic flow.
Excellent VisibilityThe wide cab opening offers an exceptional view to the work tool. The sloped angle of the engine compartment allows excellent visibility to the rear of the machine. The standard rear view mirror gives the operator a panoramic view of the machine's rear and sides. The side windows remove easily for cleaning.
Additional Features for Maximum Comfort
The B-Series 3 machines offer the following additional features to help you on the job:
- Suspension seat option for even greater operator comfort.
- Easy to read instrument panels.
- Optional air conditioner and heater for greater comfort in extreme conditions.
- Standard floor mat with footrest provides non-slip surface and can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Ergonomic, contoured and padded armbar provides comfortable operation.
Fully suspended, steel embedded rubber track undercarriage.
Compact Track Loader Undercarriage
The Cat 259B Series 3 Compact Track Loader features a fully suspended, steel embedded rubber track undercarriage for versatility, durability and comfort. Heavy-duty torsion axles suspend the undercarriage and can move independently relative to the machine and each other. These axles absorb most of the shock to the machine and operator, especially over rough terrain. This means smooth travel, even at high speeds, as well as better load retention and greater productivity. The undercarriage also features:
- Steel embedded rubber track that provides excellent durability in a wide variety of applications.
- Steel rollers with metal face seals for long-term durability and reliability in even the toughest conditions.
- Simple recoil grease tensioning system for quick track tension adjustment.
- Two track options - standard track width of 320 mm (12.6 in) or optional 400 mm (15.7 in) track.
- Low ground pressure: 41.2 kPa (6.0 psi) with the standard track and 34.4 kPa (5.0 psi) with optional 400 mm (15.7 in) track.
Aggressive performance with fuel efficiency.
Cat EngineThe high performance power train provides high engine horsepower and torque. The B-Series 3 machines feature rugged, reliable Cat engines that meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIA emissions requirements.
Hand and Foot ThrottlesHand and foot throttles allow the operator to match engine speed to the task. The hand throttle is ideal for jobs requiring constant engine speed such as cold planing, trenching or snow blowing. The foot throttle lets the operator vary engine speed and minimize fuel consumption for other tasks such as load and carry, truck loading, grading and dozing.
Anti-Stall FeatureThe anti-stall system maximizes machine power at all times by matching the engine torque with the operational requirements of the hystat and implement systems. This load sensing feature prevents the engine from stalling even during part throttle operation, keeping productivity high and fuel consumption low.
Two SpeedTwo speed is available as standard equipment on the 259B Series 3 Compact Track Loader to decrease cycle times and get the job done faster.
Vertical Lift Linkage
Built for tough jobs.
Vertical LiftThe 259B Series 3 features the vertical lift design which provides extended reach and lift height for quick and easy truck loading and material placement. The lift height 3046 mm (120 in) on the 259B Series 3.
Exceptional lift, breakout and power to meet your needs.
High Performance Hydraulic System
Maximum power and reliability are built into the machine’s hydraulic system. In addition to providing power to the tracks, this system also provides the loader lift and tilt functions, powers the auxiliary circuit to drive work tools and drives the engine cooling fan. The hydraulic pumps are driven directly off the engine for maximum hydraulic performance and reliability – no belts are used. The hydraulic system also features:
- Standard auxiliary hydraulics to power work tools that are available through quick connect hydraulic couplings rigidly mounted to the loader arm.
- Cat ToughGuard™ hoses for increased reliability and durability.
High Flow HydraulicsHigh flow hydraulic system is available on the 259B Series 3 for greater machine versatility and increased work tool performance.
High Efficiency Cooling System
Cooling capacity is maximized through the use of a side-by-side cooling package and hydraulically driven cooling fan.
- High-efficiency, hydraulic oil cooler lets the machine work longer and harder in higher ambient temperatures, even with continuous work tool usage.
- Efficient, hydraulically driven cooling fan provides cooling even when the machine is under load.
- Optional variable speed demand fan provides improved fuel efficiency, increased machine performance, reduced sound levels and improved cold weather performance.
Do more jobs with one machine with Cat Work Tools.
The Right Tool for the Job
Get the most out of your machine with the comprehensive line of Cat Work Tools. Designed and built for optimum performance and durability, these tools deliver high productivity in a variety of applications to maximize the versatility and flexibility of the Cat Compact Track Loader:
- Blades (angle, dozer)
- Buckets (general purpose, high capacity, dirt, utility, light material, multi purpose, industrial grapple, utility grapple)
- Brooms (angle, pickup, utility)
- Cold Planers
- Forks (pallet, industrial grapple, utility grapple, utility)
- Hydraulic Hammers
- Landscape Tillers
- Landscape Rakes
- Material Handling Arm
- Power Box Rakes
- Snow Blowers
- Stump Grinders
- Vibratory Compactors
- Wheel Saws
Quick CouplersWork tools can be changed quickly and easily with the machine’s quick coupler system. The standard quick coupler features manual engagement and disengagement of work tools using two high leverage handles. The optional hydraulic quick coupler allows the operator to quickly change tools without leaving the cab.
Simplified service and maintenance save you time and money.
Convenient service features make maintenance easy, reducing your downtime:
- Industry exclusive tilt-up cooling package provides superior access to service points and coolers.
- Rear door opens 90 degrees for easy access to both sides of the engine.
- Cab tilts rearward for easy access to all hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, lines and hydraulic tank.
- Daily maintenance points are easily accessible.
- Electrical wiring is color coded and numbered for easy identification.
- S·O·SSM oil sampling valve is standard to allow regular monitoring of the hydraulic oil quality.
Support you can count on.
Superior Dealer Services
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after.
- Make comparisons of machines, with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and cost of production
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs
- Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost to repair, rebuild and replace your machine, so you can make the right decision
- For more information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit us at www.cat.com.