Date: May 1, 2020
Every business aims to be successful, and for business in the construction business, running successful jobsite impacts the overall profit margin. Managing a jobsite optimally is more than just the right machinery. All the small aspects determine the overall harmony at a jobsite. It is about making the most of everything available to you by leveraging the latest technology and best practices.
Talking about one of the main factors affecting our jobsites, and overall expenditure is fuel consumption. Fuel roughly equates to 30% of the total overall expenditure. Moreover, strict emission controls and the challenge to go green is also around the corner. Lesser fuel burn is not only beneficial to the budgets, but it prompts a healthier environment – the need of the hour.
In a hunt for ideal fuel efficiency across their jobsites, equipment owners and operators are looking for not just the most fuel-efficient machine but also the right set of services and advice. At Caterpillar, they have always invested in research that ensures a decrease in fuel burn across their products. With every new equipment generation, fuel burn rate has decreased significantly and fuel efficiency has improved. Putting it in numbers – Over the last few years, there has been on average, 20% fuel efficiency improvement. And when it comes to services, Caterpillar along with its dealers like Al-Bahar have a range of services that are particularly designed to help reduce fuel burn, while generating benefits and efficiencies across your entire jobsite.
Research has found the management of these five aspects enhances fuel efficiency considerably. Let’s have a look…
- IDLE TIME – Time, when your machine is not in use, is considered as idle time, and this can represent around 40% of a machine’s running time. Choosing to reduce this idle time by efficiently managing your fleet availability and utility can positively impact your fuel consumption rates.
- OPERATOR TECHNIQUE – Often operator training are not given the required importance. We need to understand that a skilled operator is capable of reducing 10-12% fuel usage than an unskilled one. By investing in operator training, you are indirectly ensuring efficiency across your jobsite, including fuel consumption.
- EQUIPMENT SELECTION – Did you know choosing the right bucket can generate up to 17% in cost savings. Similarly, various other equipment related aspects like the mode in which you operate, the fuel you use, and so on, directly related to fuel efficiency. Consulting your authorised dealer representative to find the best equipment for your application and terrain can make a lot of difference in fuel consumption levels.
- JOBSITE SET-UP – Every jobsite is unique and has its own set of challenges. Proper equipment positioning and utilisation can reduce fuel consumption and increase productivity by 15-20%.
- TECHNOLOGY – The right technology indicators that deliver relevant data about fuel consumption and highlight concerns can actually help you monitor fuel usage and productivity in real-time. Necessary amendments can be made accordingly ensuring fuel efficiency.
Although, these five are not the only aspects ensuring fuel efficiency, these top five pillars can help you get the maximum out of your fuel tank. For more inputs on how you can ensure a fuel-efficient jobsite, consult your assigned Al-Bahar support representative, who can guide and advise you appropriately.
For more information on Al-Bahar products and services, please visit – www.albahar.com