Date: October 15, 2020
“Safely home. Everyone. Every day.™” This phrase is integral in our day-to-day culture and is a focal point when it comes to the design of Cat® machines. The Cat®; B3 Series Skid Steer Loaders are no exception, designed and built for maximum performance, durability and safety. Whether the machines are working light duty, or long shifts in the smouldering desert heat, we want you to have peace of mind when it comes to equipment and operator safety.
Here’s how the Cat® B3 Series Skid Steer Loader can help ensure safety remains your priority.
- With dozens of workers often in one area, the rear-view mirror is critical to ensure no one is behind or to the sides of the machine. The backup alarm will further notify the surroundings.
- Operators have peace of mind from worksite hazards with the security of our standard ROPS and FOPS cab certification.
- The anti-stall feature ensures no unanticipated engine stalling of the machine occurs under heavy load, allowing continued safe operations.
- Should the machine run out of fuel or in case of an unexpected engine shutdown with the lift arms raised, the dead-engine lower valve will lower the lift arms and allow the operator to safely exit the machine. If the front of the machine is blocked, there is also an emergency exit from the opening in the rear.
- The operator presence system ensures an operator is in the seat with the arm bars down, before the engine will start. With the engine running, the operator must then disengage the parking brake and hydraulic lock out system to operate the machine.
- Grab handles on the machine allow for proper 3 points of contact and serrated steps facilitate entering and exiting the cab. Cat® work tools are also equipped with a serrated step, ensuring safe passage from the tool to the machine.
- When running hammers or hydromechanical tools, a glass or polycarbonate cab door is available to provide extra protection to the operator.
Health and Safety: Operator Comfort
- With an adjustable suspension seat, operators will be more comfortable during long shifts, ultimately leading to more productivity on the jobsite.
- Operators will be less fatigued during a 10-hour shift with the ergonomic pilot joystick controls, versus the mechanical hand and foot controls.
- Faced with high ambient temperatures in the Gulf region, air-conditioned cabs are available to offer operators a more enjoyable climate.
Machine Servicing Safety:
- In a dusty, high production environment, keeping the machine cool and clean are key for long-term efficiency and durability. With easy access to filters and serviceable items, daily maintenance is hassle-free.
- When under the cab maintenance must be done, the lift arm service brace can be operated by a single person from within the cab, allowing the operator to safely exit the machine.
These features are simply part of the everyday DNA built into a Cat® B3 Series Skid Steer Loader. Safety will never be optional. Combined with the performance, durability and versatility of a Cat® Skid Steer Loader, you are ready to get to work. #LETSDOTHE WORK.
Cat® Skid Steer Loaders are offered by Al-Bahar in the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Qatar. With Al-Bahar’s unmatched product support and services, we are here to help minimise operational downtime and reduce machine servicing requirements. To know more about skid steers please visit