928Hz Wheel Loader
The Cat 928Hz Wheel Loader leads the industry in operator comfort and performance. Size, power and performance make this machine ideal for a wide range of jobs. Fast cycle times help you move more material. Large spacious cab with joystick control keeps you comfortable throughout the work day, allowing you to get more done. Loader design delivers strength and durability with superior control. Discover how much more you can get done with the 928Hz.
|Net Power||111 kW|
|SAE J1349||111 kW|
|ISO 9249 (1997)||112 kW|
|EEC 80/1269||112 kW|
|Max. Net Power @ 2000 rpm||119 kW|
|SAE J1349||119 kW|
|ISO 9249 (1997)||120 kW|
|EEC 80/1269||120 kW|
|Net Torque||727 N·m|
|Peak Torque||742 N·m|
|Operating Weight||12564 kg|
|Bucket Capacities||2.0 m3 - 2.3 m3 2.6 yd3 - 3.0 yd3|
|Width over tires||2570 mm|
|Height to Top of ROPS/FOPS||3269 mm|
|Height to Top of Exhaust Stack||3189 mm|
|Height to Top of Hood||2197 mm|
|Height to Center of Axle||685 mm|
|Ground Clearance||408 mm|
|Overall Length||7252 mm|
|Length - Rear Axle to Bumper||1920 mm|
|Center Line of Front Axle-Hitch||1450 mm|
|Dump Clearance-Max Lift-45°||2879 mm|
|Bucket Clearance-Max Lift/Carry||3752 mm|
|Bucket Pin Height at Max Lift||3872 mm|
|Overall Height - Bucket Raised||4971 mm|
|Reach at Max Lift and 45° Dump||927 mm|
|Rack Back Angle at Max Lift||60 Degrees|
|Dump Angle at Max Lift||45 Degrees|
|Rack Back Angle-Ground||44 Degrees|
|Rack Back Angle at Carry||47.8 Degrees|
|Carry Height||449 mm|
|Digging Depth||86 mm|
|Static Tipping Load (Full Turn)||8658 kg|
|Reach - full lift/45 degree dump angle||927 mm|
|Dump clearance - Full lift/45 degree dump angle||2879 mm|
|Articulation Angle||40 Degrees|
Loader Hydraulic System
|Output at 2300 engine rpm and 6900 kPa (1000 psi) with SAE 10W oil at 65°C (150°F)||151.5 L/min|
|Hydraulic Cycle Time||10.1 Seconds|
|Pump flow - Implement pump||152 L/min|
|Relief Pressure - Implement pump||258.9 bar|
|Maximum working pressure||25900 kPa|
|Hydraulic cycle time:||10.1 Seconds|
|Lower, empty, float down||2.8 Seconds|
|Size||20.5 R25 L3 XHA|
|Tread Width||2570 mm|
|Steering Articulation||40 Degrees|
|Minimum turning radius (over tire)||5233 mm|
|Steering angle, each direction||40 Degrees|
|Steering cylinders, two, bore||70 mm|
|Hydraulic output at 2300 engine rpm and 6900 kPa (1000 psi)||104 L/min|
|Maximum working pressure||20700 kPa|
|Standard transmission max travel speeds:||37.7 km/h|
|Forward 1||7.9 km/h|
|Reverse 1||7.9 km/h|
Service Refill Capacities
|Fuel tank||225 L|
|Cooling system||42 L|
|Hydraulic system (including tank)||125 L|
|Hydraulic tank||70 L|
|ROPS||SAE J1040 MAY94, ISO 3471-1994|
|FOPS||SAE J/ISO 3449 APR98 Level II, ISO 3449-1992 Level II|
Power TrainDelivers maximum rimpull to the ground and full power to loader hydraulics.
Cat EngineThe Cat C6.6 engine provides cleaner, quieter operation while delivering superior performance and durability. The 111 kW (149) rated net power engine meets all worldwide emissions standards and features: flatter power curve for outstanding response in the working RPM range (1,900 to 2,300), noise reduction technologies for up to 5 dB reduction, and patented ACERT™ Technology combined with common rail fuel system, smart waste gate turbocharger and crossflow head design for reduced emissions.
Cat AxlesHeavy-duty axles feature hardened gears and bearings for durable performance. Rear axle oscillates up to 12 degrees to help assure four-wheel ground contact for optimum traction and stability. Optional front and rear Limited Slip Differentials enable outstanding traction in poor underfoot conditions.
Cat TransmissionRugged Cat transmission uses heavy-duty components for durable and reliable operation. The operator can choose between manual shift and two autoshift modes, Performance or Economy. Performance mode provides maximum acceleration while the economy mode increases fuel economy and improves operator comfort.
HydraulicsSystem provides high efficiency wtih low effort, precise control.
Proven DesignTime tested hydraulic system provides low effort operation and superior control. Fast loader cycle times help you get more done.
Dual Hydraulic Pumps SystemLoad-sensing steering pump provides outstanding response during heavy and light duty operations. High output implement pump provides all the hydraulic power required to move loads at all engine speeds.
Ride Control SystemThe optional Ride Control System provides a comfortable ride and excellent material retention. Nitrogen charged accumulator enables optimum cushioning over uneven terrain for all loads and speeds. The system operates in Automatic - as the loader ground speed exceeds 5 kph (3 mph) the system will activate, below 5 kph (3 mph) the system is off providing maximum lift power.
Loader LinkageStrong design delivers superior performance.
Z-bar DesignZ-bar design linkage generates excellent breakout force and good rack back angle for better bucket loading and load retention. Lift arms are solid steel, providing superior strength with an excellent front end viewing area. The proven design offers excellent dump clearance and reach for exceptional truck loading performance.
Operator StationSuperior comfort keeps you productive, all day long.
CabExperience comfort and convenience in the H-Series cab. The spacious interior and ergonomic controls keep you comfortable throughout the work day. Choose the seat that meets your needs - the standard, fully adjustable seat or the optional Cat Contour seat for added adjustment and air suspension. The two-door design lets you enter and exit from either side of the machine and wide, serrated steps provide stable footing. Both doors lock open 180 degrees and feature sliding glass windows for better communication with workers on the ground. Large flat glass windows provide excellent visibility all around the machine. The rear window features a standard electric defroster.
ControlsLow effort, ergonomic joystick controls provide easy operation of lift and tilt functions. The standard joystick features an integrated directional control switch for added convenience. The operator programmable transmission neutralizer can be set in seconds optimizing brake effort for all applications.
Instrument PanelThe sealed instrument panel with easy to read white faced gauges and indicators keeps the operator informed of system conditions. The large LED readout provides ground speed and other critical information.
Optional Rear View CameraThis work area visual enhancement system uses a closed circuit video monitoring system. Up to three cameras can be mounted on the machine frame. Objects can be viewed on a color LCD monitor in the cab.
BucketsCat Buckets are built for high performance.
The Right Bucket for the JobCaterpillar offers a variety of buckets to meet you specific job requirements. Careful match of the bucket design and machine operating characteristics provide the best digging, loading and carrying performance.
General Purpose BucketsCaterpillar general purpose buckets, available in 2.0 m3 (2.6 yd3) and 2.3 m3 (3.0 yd3) capacities with bolt-on cutting edge, are suitable for most general applications. Features include:
- Improved bucket design with longer floor and larger radius for easier flow of material into the bucket
- Built-in, replaceable heel wear plates for extended bucket life.
Sand and Gravel BucketThis 2.5 m3 (3.5 yd3) heavy duty material handling bucket, built with additional wear plates on the floor and sides, is engineered for ready mix or batch plant applications with plant capacity of 200 tons per hour.
Ground Engaging ToolsGround engaging tools include hardened steel cutting edges, choice of short or long teeth and a variety of tooth adapters. These tools optimize performance, improve load retention and extend the useful life of Caterpillar buckets.
VersatilityFor expanded machine versatility, factory installed quick couplers and other special purpose buckets are also available. Contact your Caterpillar dealer for details.
ServiceabilityEasy access and minimal maintenance requirements keep your machine on the job.
Convenient Service FeaturesAll service points are accessible from ground level on the right side of the engine. Gull-wing doors with gas struts lift for exceptional access to filters and service points. Extended service intervals reduce service time and increase machine availability.
- Sight gauges let you easily check radiator coolant, hydraulic oil and transmission oil levels as well as engine air filter restriction without opening the air cleaner.
- Standard pressure taps allow quick diagnosis of the entire hydraulic system.
- SOSSM ports make oil sampling quicker, cleaner and provide the best oil sample for analysis.
- Spin-on filters for engine oil, transmission oil and hydraulic oil are vertically mounted for easier servicing.
- 928Hz features a standard electronic fuel prime pump.
- Sequentially placed radiator and oil coolers are easy to access.
- Optional reversing fan cleans screens without interrupting machine operation.
Customer SupportUnmatched support makes the difference.
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after.
- Make comparisons of machines, with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and cost of production.
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs.
- Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost to repair, rebuild and replace your machine, so you can make the right choice.
- For more information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit us at www.cat.com.
- Alternator, 95-amp
- Alarm, back-up
- Batteries, maintenance-free, 950 CCA, (2)
- Directional signals (front & rear)
- Starting and charging system, 24V
- Halogen work lights (front & rear)
- Ignition key start/stop switch
- Roading lights
- Starting aid, thermal
- Switch, battery disconnect
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Standard two door cab includes all of the following items:
- Air conditioner, heater/defroster
- Sliding glass door windows
- Radio ready
- 12 volt electrical accessory outlet
- Sealed Instrument Gauge: Engine RPM Hydraulic oil temperature Engine coolant temperature Torque converter oil temperature Digital LED speedometer, hour meter/odometer
- Indicator Lights: Turn signal Primary steering malfunction Hydraulic oil bypass Parking brake applied Brake charge pressure low Transmission oil temperature General warning Electrical system v
- Adjustable tilt steering column
- Coat hook
- Ground level door release
- Horn, steering wheel mounted (electric)
- Hydraulic control lever lockout
- Interior light
- Lunch box storage with cup holder
- Pilot hydraulic implement controls
- Rear window defroster, electric
- Rear view mirrors (2 inside)
- Seat, adjustable suspension, armrest (fabric or vinyl)
- Seat belt, 75 mm (3 in), retractable
- Tinted safety glass
- Tool box
- Wet arm front & rear wiper/washer, front intermittent
- POWER TRAIN
- Engine, Caterpillar C6.6 ACERT Low emission diesel engine Noise reduction technology Smart waste gate turbocharged Aftercooled Closed Circuit Breather Electronically controlled
- Air cleaner, dry type
- Axle seal guards, integrated
- Brakes, enclosed wet-disc full hydraulic
- Differentials, conventional (front/rear)
- Driveshaft, lubed for life
- Engine fuel priming pump
- Engine speed control
- Fuel/water separator
- Radiator, unit serviceable
- SOS oil sampling port, engine oil
- SOS oil sampling port, transmission oil
- Torque converter
- Transmission, 4F/3R, autoshift, single lever control with F/N/R and kickdown button
- Transmission neutralizer; operator programmable
- Hydraulic diagnostic connectors
- Heavy duty hydraulic oil cooler
- Hydraulic control, 2-valve, 1-lever with F/N/R
- Hydraulics, third function
- Load-sensing steering system
- SOS oil sampling port, hydraulic oil
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Antifreeze/coolant, extended-life protects to -36°C (-33°F)
- Automatic bucket positioner/fork positioner
- Brakes, secondary and parking
- Engine enclosure, lockable
- Fenders, front
- Hitch, recovery
- Loader linkage, z-bar
- Lift kickout, automatic
- Machine Security System ready
- Product Link ready
- Remote grease lines
- Steering stops, cushioned
- Swing-out, hydraulically driven demand fan
- Vandalism protection, lockable service points
- Visual indicators: - air cleaner service - coolant level - hydraulic oil - transmission oil
- Antifreeze/coolant, extended-life, protects to -50°C (-58°F)
- Axle, Front Limited Slip Differential
- Axle, Rear Limited Slip Differential
- Axle, Rear Limited Slip Differential, with heavy duty brakes (axle oil cooler included)
- Beacon light, rotating or strobe, magnetic-mount
- Brakes, heavy duty
- Buckets/ground engaging tools
- Canopy, ROPS
- Counterweight, additional, optional
- Coupler controls and lines
- Deluxe Cab arrangement includes: External heated mirrors Sunscreeen Sun shade Flood lights, auxiliary, cab mounted
- Fan, reversing
- Fenders, roading, rear
- Fenders, steel
- Guards: Crankcase Driveshaft, front Power train Lights Radiator
- Hydraulic control auxiliary, third valve
- Load check valves (dealer installed)
- Machine Security System
- Material handling arm
- Pallet forks, carriage
- Product Link
- Quick Coupler
- Radio packages: Radio, AM/FM Radio, AM/FM with CD player
- Radiator, wide fin spacing, 5.5 fpi
- Rear-view camera system
- Ride Control System
- Seats: - Cat Contour Seat, fabric, with adjustable backrest and lumbar support - Cat Contour Seat, fabric, electrically adjustable with air suspension
- Sound suppression package, available in select markets
- Starting aid, engine coolant heater, 120V
- Steering, secondary
- Tires: - Bias ply, 17.5 - 25 and 20.5 - 25 - Radial, 17.5 - R25, 20.5 - R25 and 600/65 R25