Delivering fuel efficiency you demand through integrated machine systems.
Cat C18 ACERT Engine
The Cat C18 ACERT engine is built and tested to meet your most demanding applications. Three C18 ACERT engine options are available in this machine: A U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV Technology with aftertreatment, Tier 3 equivalent ACERT engine without aftertreatment, or a Tier 2 equivalent ACERT engine without aftertreatment.
- Fully integrated electronic engine controls works in concert with the entire machine to make your fuel go farther.
- Use less fuel idling with Engine Idle Shutdown.
- Maximized durability with Delayed Engine Shutdown.
Cat Planetary Powershift TransmissionFeaturing all new Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Shifting (APECS) transmission controls provides greater momentum on grades and fuel savings by carrying that momentum through the shift points.
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC)
Enable your operators to maximize efficiency by varying machine rimpull while putting more horsepower to hydraulics.
- Reduced tire wear
- Enables full throttle shifts for faster cycle times
- Provides smooth approach to the dump target for less spillage and faster cycle times.
Cat Torque Converter with Lock-up Clutch
- Eliminates TC losses while lowering system heat
- Improves travel speeds
- Reduces cycle times in load and carry operations
Improved Hydraulic Efficiency
- New flow sharing implement and steering variable displacement load sensing piston pumps.
- Hydraulic flow now on demand, for improved fuel efficiency.
Best built for the toughest conditions.
Your bottom line is improved by highly durable structures that achieve multiple life cycles and withstand the toughest conditions.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit steering loads into the frame.
- Axle mounting has been optimized for increased structural integrity.
- Lower hitch pin, frame plate, and bearing size have been increased for longer life.
Robust Structures Design
- Push beams are through-width, not merely attached to side of frame.
- In corner dozing, stresses are transferred and absorbed through a larger portion of the frame.
Move material more efficiently with improved power and control.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
Experience maximum responsiveness and control with STIC that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements.
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection.
- Smoother, faster cycles and less operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
Building your success begins with a best-in-class transmission designed specifically for mining applications.
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls that utilize Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS).
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Four forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat C18 ACERT Engine
Durability and efficiency at the heart of your 834K comes from the Cat C18 ACERT Engine. Optimum performance is built in through the use of a 6 cylinder, four-stroke design.
- Optimized performance and quick engine response with an electronic control module.
- Reliable efficiency with complete control over injection timing, duration and pressure with Mechanically Actuated Electronic Unit Injection (MEUI™).
- Extended engine life and improved fuel efficiency with reduced rated speed.
- Designed to meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV Technology, Tier 3 Equivalent, Tier 2 Equivalent emission standards.
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS)
Lower your operating costs utilizing advanced ICTC and RCS for modulated rimpull.
- Reduce tire slippage and wear by modulating rimpull from 100 to 25 percent while depressing left pedal. After 25 percent rimpull is achieved the left pedal applies the brake.
- Reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency with RCS.
- Improve fuel efficiency in certain applications with our lock-up clutch torque converter providing direct drive.
Best-in-class operator comfort and ergonomics.Your operators can work more efficiently and stay comfortable with our customer-inspired cab features.
Entry and Exit
Enter and exit the cab easily and safely with these newly designed, ergonomic features.
- Fold up STIC steer/armrest.
- Reduced angles on access stairways.
- Standard stairway lighting.
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
Enhance comfort and reduce operator fatigue with Cat Comfort Series III seat.
- Mid back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt.
Ergonomic placement of switches and Information display keep your operators comfortable all day every day.
- Large backlit membrane switches feature LED activation indicators.
- Switches feature ISO symbols for quick function identification.
- Two position rocker switch activates the electro hydraulic park brake.
Your operator’s productivity is enhanced with our clean, comfortable cab environment.
- Experience reduced vibrations from isolation cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Sound level reduced to a quiet 71 dB(A).
- Convenient floor storage tray/lunch box.
Greater productivity through Integrated Electronic Systems.The 834K electronic systems have been completely integrated to function as one machine. This integration creates a smart machine and more informed operator, maximizing the productivity of both.
Cat Product Link™Cat Product link allows remote monitoring of equipment to improve overall fleet management effectiveness. Events and diagnostic codes, as well as hours, fuel, idle time and other information are transmitted to a secure web based application, VisionLink™. VisionLink includes powerful tools to convey information to users and dealers, including mapping, working and idle time, fuel level and more.
We have worked hard to help our customers and operators perform at their best through our Vital Information Management System (VIMS 3G).
- Easy-to-view graphical information display features a large touch screen interface.
- Intuitive operation and easy navigation with our enhanced user interface.
- Decrease service time by keeping operators informed about machine system malfunction or operation.
Cat MineStar System
Work more productively.Cat MineStar System is the industry’s broadest suite of integrated mine operations and mobile equipment management technologies, configurable to suit your operation’s needs. Its capability sets - Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health and Command - contain a range of technologies that let you manage everything from fleet assignment and condition monitoring to remote and autonomous control. The 834K can take advantage of many of these advanced technologies, some of which are standard out of the factory.
FleetFleet provides comprehensive, real-time machine tracking, assignment and productivity management, giving you a comprehensive overview of all operations from anywhere in the world.
Terrain for LoadingTerrain with your 834K enables high-precision management of loading operations through the use of guidance technology. It increases 834K productivity and provides you real-time feedback for improved efficiency.
DetectDetect helps increase operator awareness, enhancing safety at your operation. It includes a range of capabilities designed to assist the operator with areas of limited visibility around fixed and mobile equipment.
HealthHealth delivers critical event-based machine condition and operating data for your entire fleet. It includes comprehensive equipment health and asset monitoring capabilities, with a wide range of diagnostic, analytic and reporting tools.
Making your safety our priority.We are constantly introducing features on our machines in an effort to enhance safety for the operator.
- Left and right hand stairs with 45 degree angle enhance safety for operators getting on and off the 834K.
- Continuous walkway with non-skid surfaces are designed into the service areas.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Optional heated mirrors ensure enhanced visibility for safe operation.
- Standard Cat Vision or optional Cat Detect with radar increase operator awareness around the machine.
- Optional HID or LED lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Optional cab mounted LED warning beacons.
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat.
Sustainability is designed and built into our 834K’s features.
- Engine Idle Shutdown and Auto Idle Kickdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste generation with our maintenance free batteries.
- The 834K is built for multiple lives. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
Cat blades to match your customers dozing requirements.
Cat blades are resilient, durable and designed with excellent dozing and rolling characteristics.
- Capacities and widths are set to achieve increased productivity.
- Spreading design allows for spreading of cover material, as well as dozing of heavier loads.
Straight BladeThe straight blade (7.9 m3/10.3 yd3) is designed for production dozing in stockpile material and general earthmoving.
Universal BladeThe universal blade (11.1 m3/14.7 yd3) is designed to move large loads over long distances in mining applications.
Semi-Universal BladeThe characteristics of the straight and universal blades are combined into the semi-universal blade (10.1 m3/13.3 yd3). It provides increased capacity with the addition of short wings which include only the dozer end bits without sacrificing spreading characteristics of straight blades.
Coal BladeThe coal blade (22.2 m3/29 yd3) is designed for precise and productive dozing while helping to retain load control with increased capacity for lighter materials. Wing angles help retain the load while dozing. This blade is available from Cat Work Tool and Services (CWTS).
AssembliesThe straight, semi-universal and universal blades consists of the blade, push arms, hydraulic lift, tip and tilt cylinders, trunnion mounting, stabilizer and hydraulic line guards.
Other Available OptionsSee your Cat dealer for blade options such as coal and wood scoop from CWTS and Custom Products.
Save time and money by working smart.
The 834K has several features to achieve greater fuel efficiency:
- Positive Flow Control Hydraulics - Provides only the hydraulic flow required by the implement and steering systems for improved fuel efficiency and greater rimpull.
- ACERT Engine - Advanced engine controls maximizes power and efficiency.
- Engine Idle Shutdown - Automatic engine and electrical system shutdown conserves fuel.
- Lock-up Torque Converter - Transfers more power to the ground and optimizes fuel efficiency in all applications.
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS) - All new APECS transmission controls provides greater momentum on grades and fuel savings by carrying that momentum through the shift points. Machine configuration, operator technique, and job site layout can impact fuel consumption.
- Machine Configuration - Select the correct work tool and tire type based on machine application. Ensure proper inflation pressures.
- Idle - Set the parking brake to engage Engine Idle Management System.
Enabling high uptime by reducing your service time.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 834K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spilling potential environmental contaminants.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
- Ground level access to transmission control valves.
Your Cat dealers know how to keep your machines productive.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
A valued partner, your Cat dealer is available whenever you need them.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.