FH120 - Face Hauler
Our flexible and maneuverable battery-powered face haulers are designed to maximize the payload capacity in a given seam height. They're equipped with the HiPac 10 VFD Drive System, which increases ground speeds, improves haulage cycle time and delivers more work per battery discharge. Operators are comfortably and safely enclosed in a thick steel envelope with a clear view front and back. Convenient operator's control stick and scoop-type controls enable productivity. And to change directions, operators simply turn their heads.
|Operating Height||1.40-2.00 m (55-80 in)|
|Max. Carrying Capacity||20 tonnes (22 tons) 10 m3 (344 ft3)|
|Empty Weight||38.6 tonnes|
|Ground Clearance||305 or 356 mm (12 or 14 in)|
|Load Discharge Time||24.0 Seconds|
|Max. Tram Speed||9.65 km/h|
|Overall Length (with tailgate)||12.32 m|
|Overall Width||3.41 m|
|Power||Dual 56 kW (75 hp) AC motors|
|Wheel/Tires||1118 or 1270 mm (44 or 50 in)|
Freedom of MovementCableless face haulers have several advantages over cable-driven shuttle cars: They have greater freedom of movement as there are no trailing cables, and travel is not restricted by cable length, typically 200 meters or less.
Packed with PowerBecause of their superior productivity and flexibility, Caterpillar has focused on battery- and diesel-powered face haulers.
The Clean Air ActCat® battery-powered face haulers do not burden the mine environment with emissions or heat. Due to infinitely variable power control, they are the ideal vehicle for conditions where heat, emissions and noise would impact work and where a flexible vehicle is needed.
State-of-the-Art Drive TechnologySince their introduction, Cat face haulers have led the industry with state-of-the-art drive technology. The latest Caterpillar innovation is the HiPAC 10 VFD control system, which drives the motive traction and hydraulic systems, and provides the operator with machine management information.
Ergonomically-designed CockpitsThe operator’s compartment provides a safe and comfortable working environment. Clear lines of sight are provided to the front, back, and sides.
Frame DesignRuggedness and durability are the key elements in the life of a battery-powered hauler. Through the use of Finite Element Analysis, each Cat frame is designed for maximum strength without adding power-robbing weight.
Heavy-Duty Ball Bearing Center SectionCat face haulers offer the strongest center sections in the market and superior oscillation in tough conditions. The rolling-element oscillation bearing ensures smooth ground-contour following of driven wheels for maximum traction.
Proven Mine Duty DrivetrainCat face haulers feature dual 56 kW (75 hp) AC 3 phase motors.
One Powerful PackageThe Cat East Penn battery is built for the long run, providing the lowest cost of ownership in the industry.
- Each design maximizes payloads in a given seam height.
- True tracking geometry improves maneuverability and decreases haulage cycle time.
- The Cat HiPAC 10 VFD drive system increases empty and loaded ground speed, improving haulage cycle time, delivering more work per battery charge and providing a machine management system.
- No trailing cables means unlimited flexibility when traversing the mine and getting to and from the face.
- Operators are comfortably and safely enclosed in a thick steel compartment with clear visibility to front and rear.
- Face haulers are powered by the East Penn Deka battery which provides the highest level of performance and productivity.
- Battery plugs/change cables/receptacles
- Controller protective guarding
- Pump motor protective guarding
- Canopy extension adapters
"Call Back Option available only for UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Qatar."