The excellent versatility of the 953D Waste Handler makes it well suited for performing many waste handling applications. Other uses for the 953D WH vary from soil excavation, utility applications, and material handling.
The 953D Waste Handler performs many waste handling tasks, such as:
- Feeding waste to landfill compactors
- Leveling waste before daily cover
This application requires a machine with maneuverability in addition to versatility. The 953D Waste Handler makes the following transfer station tasks possible:
The 953D can work in virtually any underfoot condition (snow, mud, uncompacted fill materials, etc.). It can be used to:
- Build and maintain service roads
- Remove snow
- Clear land
- Rip compacted material for excavation
- Retrieve mired vehicles on the work site
Waste Material Handling
Due to its superior flotation and visibility the 953D can handle smoothly and efficiently
- Separating materials for recycling
- Moving materials to compost areas
- Charging shredder hoppers
- Truck loading
Construction and Demolition Material Handling
Track loaders can be used for:
- Loading materials
The versatility of its tools makes the 953D Track Loader excellent for:
- Spreading soil and cover material
Basic Guarding Package
Guarding helps protect critical machine components and body panels from being damaged by debris under harsh waste handling environments.
Seal Protection Guard GroupHelps protect the final drive, pivot shaft and idler seals. Minimizes costly downtime caused by wire, nylon strapping, etc., usually found in transfer stations and landfills.
Heavy-duty Swing Open Bottom Guards
- Help protect engine and drive train from damage.
- Provide easy access for servicing and cleanout.
Heavy-duty Hydraulic Tank Guard
- Helps prevent costly hydraulic tank damage from debris.
- Twice as thick as standard guarding for excellent protection.
Lift Cylinder Line GuardHelps protect lift cylinder hoses from debris damage.
Tilt Cylinder Guards with Side Mounted Bucket PositionerProtects cylinder, cylinder rod and hydraulic lines from falling debris. The bucket positioner is mounted to the side of the cylinder.
Final Drive Abrasion Guards
- Fabricated from abrasion-resistant steel to protect final drive housings.
- Helps prevent final drive failure due to wear-through in abrasive condi-tions.
- Three-piece design enhances serviceability.
Front Idler GuardHelps protect the yoke, link, recoil rod and idler by preventing material from entering the idler area.
Basic Waste Handler Arrangement
The basic Waste Handler arrangement inlcudes the Basic Guarding Package in addtion to the following - Heavu-duty Bottom Guards, Guarded Lights, Debris Barrier Package, Trash Radiator, Heavy-duty Front Guards, and Idler Guards.
Precleaner with Prescreener
- Prevents trash from entering air intake.
- Turbine-type dust ejection system extends filter life.
Swing-out Radiator Grille
- Allows easy access for cleaning radiator.
- Makes cooling system work more efficiently.
Debris Barrier Package
- Rubber baffle added to front and rubber seals to rear of cab. Reduces build-up of debris in engine and power train components. Results in longer operating time between cleanouts.
- Seals added to engine side doors to prevent entry of radiator-plugging waste.
- Fenders help protect cab and sheet metal.
- Reinforcements added to improve strength.
Features for peak performance. Several additional options are recommended to assist matching your site requirements.
- Increases bucket capacity in waste
- Helps prevent bucket spillage
Heavy-duty Hinged Windshield ScreenProtects front cab glass from debris coming over bucket. Features quick release handle for easy cleaning access.
Striker BarDesigned to prevent debris from riding up the track and damaging the sheet metal.
Third Valve Line GuardProtects steel hydraulic lines for Multi-Purpose Bucket from damage caused by material pushed upward between lift arms when back-dragging.
- General Purpose Bucket
- General Purpose Landfill Bucket
- Multi-Purpose Bucket
- Multi-Purpose Landfill Bucket
ServiceabilityThe 953D WH design offers reduced maintenance, convenient access to components, easy diagnostic capabilities, as well as easy and economical component replacement possibilities. Cat dealers also provide quick parts availability.
Total Customer SupportYour Caterpillar dealer offers a wide range of services that can be set up with a Customer Support Agreement. A customized plan, from PM service to total machine maintenance, and flexible financing, allows you to optimize your return on investment.