Large Pattern Coverage
Fewer Set-upsDrill more holes with fewer set-ups thanks to a sturdy boom system that is telescopic, has a 1.52 m (5 ft) extension, and swings 40 degrees to the left and right. For even greater flexibility in drill patterns, the MD5090 feed swings 36° L to 37° R and it also extends 0.9 m (3 ft).
No Cab. No Limits.
- Cost effective alternative to drills with cabs
- Highly maneuverable
- Lighter in weight
- Wide boom swing
- Large pattern coverage
- Easy to transport
- Excellent visibility
Boom and Feed
Extends Your ReachA sturdy extendible boom and feed provides excellent pattern coverage and requires fewer setups. The heavy-duty boom is constructed of thick square tubing with steel plate reinforcements in key areas to add strength. The feed system resists torsion and thrust loads because it is built with diagonally braced high strength steel channels.
- Boom length 3.81 m (12.5 ft)
- Boom extension 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Boom swing 40° L to 40° R
- Feed swing 36° L to 37° R
- Feed extension length 0.9 m (3 ft)
- Feed wear pads are replaceable
- Planetary gearbox feed drive speed 27.7 m/min (91 ft/min)
- Feed mounted control panel
Reliable. Durable. Low Operating Cost.The MD5090 is equipped with the HPR4519 hydraulic powered percussion rock drill rated at 19 kW (25 hp) output energy with dual hydraulic variable rotation motors producing 908 N?m (670 lbf-ft) torque.
Reliable PerformerLow cost of ownership and reliability are yours with renowned Cat Rock Drills. Building on a legacy of simplistic power, these drills have long life expectancy and are field serviceable. This combination of robust design and easy maintenance means more hours of reliable, low-cost operation. For added efficiency, the pistons are matched to the cross section of the rod so the wave form is properly matched for maximum energy transfer.
A simple design coupled with high strength materials yields exceptional durability.
- Having only half of the components of competitive models, there are fewer internal parts to wear
- There are four major housings bolted together with high strength flanges eliminating troublesome long tie rods
- Long life alloy bushings
- Fast response accumulators provide a smooth and efficient hydraulic oscillation
- Long leakage paths of the oscillator bearings yield high volumetric efficiency
Cat Rock Drills are so simple that owner serviceability is a viable alternative and cost savings.
- Other models require downtime for round trip transportation to a clean room environment
- Only their OEM service technicians can perform the maintenance and repairs
- All maintenance and rebuilds can be done in your shop and some maintenance can even be done with the rock drill still mounted to the feed
- Accumulator assemblies may be replaced in the field
- Troubleshooting is easy since there are half the components of other drills
DeliversFast cycle times and maximum efficiency is yours with the MD5090 power group that combines generous engine horsepower, air capacity, and cooler.
EngineCat C9 Tier 3 engine producing 150 kW (300 hp) @ 1,800 rpm. The six (6) cylinder engine is water-cooled, electronically controlled, turbocharged, and air-to-air after-cooled.
Additional Engine Features
- Automatic three-position throttle control by power demand for fuel conservation
- Dual-element air filter
- Dual-fill 492 L (130 gal) fuel tank
- Strong flushing power
- High pressure rating 8.5 m3/min (300 ft3/min) @ 10 bar (150 psi)
- Reliable rotary screw-type compressor
- Hydraulic motor driven
- Dual-element air filters with indicators
- ATAAC side by side arrangement
- 52° C (125° F) ambient temperature
- Easy troubleshooting and cleaning of the coils
- 106 cm (42 in) large fan assembly
- Two direct driven, variable displacement, pressure compensated axial piston pumps
- Two fixed displacement traction drive motors
- One fixed displacement compressor drive motor
Strong FoundationYou can expect a long life due to the structural integrity of the MD5090 undercarriage. It provides reliable maneuverability with a low center of gravity, high ground clearance and independent track oscillation.
- B-4 excavator track pad and chain
- Wide triple grouser track pads 380 mm (15 in)
- Ground clearance 431 mm (17 in)
- Track gauge 2042 mm (80.4 in)
- Max speed 4.0 km/h (2.4 mph)
- Gradeability 35°
- Track oscillation ± 10°
- Hydraulically released spring applied disc brakes
Optional Dust Collection
Contain It - Quickly and QuietlyPowered to clear holes up to 127 mm (5 in), the optional dry dust collection system effectively manages rock fragments and dust and is easy to clean and service.
- Sealed pick up pot prevents cuttings from escaping above the hole
- Vacuum generated air flow carries the materials
- Feed mounted precleaner separates cuttings from dust
- Filtration area is 28 m2 (304 ft2) and separates the solid particles from the clean air
- Abrasive resistant dust hose is 12.7 mm (5 in)
- One bolt removal for replacement of dust seal
- Easy bottom access to filters and air valves
Smart and SimpleDesigned to offer you safe and efficient service access, Cat Track Drills have well-organized electrical and hydraulic arrangements. Logically located components allow for easy maintenance. As a result, equipment life cycle is longer, operating costs are lower, and re-sale value is retained.
- No enclosure allows for quick access to service points
- Grease reservoir is easily accessible for changing coupling grease
- Pump for filling hydraulic tank
- Service areas are designed with three points of contact for safety
Well Organized Electrical and Hydraulic Designs
- Color coded valves and blocks for easy identification and troubleshooting
- Point to point wiring reduces mean time to repair
- Bulk head fitting to allow for shorter run hoses
- Hydraulic hoses labeled by diameter and length and spaced for easy wrench access
Supported by World-class Cat Dealer Network
From helping you choose the right machine to keeping your equipment up and running, your Cat dealer provides the best in sales and service.
- Preventive maintenance programs are available to maximize your return on investment, achieve full equipment life cycle, and managing costs
- Guaranteed maintenance contracts help you forecast your businesses needs and strategically plan for service and parts expenses
- Best-in-class parts availability because Cat dealers understand the value of your uptime
- Operator training to help boost your productivity
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts are available
Protect Your InvestmentsThe MD5090 is designed with safety features that provide a secure work environment for your operators and service technicians.
- Emergency stop on the feed
- Non-slip, heavy duty steps and handles are strategically placed
- Ground-level access to service points
- Well-organized electrical and hydraulic designs
- Excellent visibility
- All proper guards in place
- Spring-applied, hydraulically released brakes
- High quality manuals for operation, maintenance, and service
- Classroom style training available
- Hands-on training with your local Cat dealer
Today’s Work, Tomorrow’s WorldWhile helping you increase the efficiency and productivity of your operation, Cat Drill designs help minimize the environmental impact of mining. We strive to provide products, services and solutions that use our natural resources wisely.
MD5090 Sustainability Features
- Fuel economy is achieved with three speed throttle control
- Durable components offer longer life and less waste
- Remanufactured parts are available
- Major components can be rebuilt