8000 - Small Dragline
The Cat small dragline series offers the latest in dragline technology and innovation, providing the highest levels of productivity and reliability and lowest total cost of ownership.
|Bucket Capability||24 to 34 m3 (31 to 44 yd3)|
|Boom Length||75 to 101 m (246 to 331 ft)|
|Working Weight - Approximate||1 770 000 to 1 988 000 kg (3,902,000 to 4,382,000 lb)|
Dimensions - Working Ranges
|Boom Lengths||75 to 101 m (246 to 331 ft)|
|Bucket Capabilities||46-61 m3 (60-80 yd3)|
|Rated Suspended Load||71 000 to 102 100 kg (156,500 to 225,000 lb)|
A Century of LeadershipFrom the largest dragline ever built to the world’s first AC and direct-drive draglines, Bucyrus led the industry with ground-breaking dragline innovations.
SafetyOur goal is to provide a safe workplace while producing products that exceed the needs of our customers and shareholders. As a responsible corporate citizen, we commit to our goal of Zero Harm as related to the safe manufacture, installation and operation of our products.
Global Dragline Service & SupportManufacturing the largest excavators in the world is a big job - supporting them is even bigger.
Application EngineeringTo ensure that a customer’s dragline investment will garner expected returns, Caterpillar employs application engineers who specialize in analyzing mine environments and applying the findings to recommendations for new draglines specifically designed to meet the customer’s productivity targets, as well as upgrade recommendations for existing dragline fleets.
Mechanical UpgradesCaterpillar provides full mechanical component upgrades for existing draglines. In-house and third-party Finite Element Analysis expertise is employed to ensure that replacement parts outperform the original components.
- Major dragline structure repair/replacement for improved reliability and productivity enhancement
- Boom modifications to optimize Rated Suspended Load (RSL), operating radius, digging depth and dumping height
- Re-engineered components for improved performance
Electrical UpgradesCaterpillar develops and implements dragline electrical upgrade solutions that allow the electrical system to work in harmony with onboard mechanical systems. Whether AC or DC electrical service is required, specialized and locally-based Caterpillar personnel can provide tailored solutions that address the customer’s specific needs. By implementing electrical upgrade solutions, owners of legacy draglines can reap the benefits of the latest technology, reducing operating cost and improving machine productivity and reliability.
- Drive System upgrades for enhanced performance (AC & DC)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) & Human Machine Interface (HMI) upgrades for enhanced safety and availability
- Production Monitoring System for optimized productivity
- Onboard troubleshooting & remote diagnostics for improved reliability
Dragline Relocation & Field AssemblyPerforming top-notch overhaul and relocation services are fundamental elements of the Cat dragline portfolio. Caterpillar understands that, despite the dragline’s unmatched ability to remove overburden at extremely low cost per ton, the initial capital outlay and time it takes to produce a new dragline can lead mine owners to explore other alternatives, including the purchase and relocation of pre-owned draglines.
Customized TrainingCaterpillar provides customized on-site and/or classroom training for dragline operators and mine operation supervisors with the goal of developing internal training competency for the customer. The comprehensive training package is designed in module form to target key production issues specific to a given customer’s operation.
Multiple Specifications AvailableCat® Draglines are a primary excavating tool in many surface mining operations worldwide. They’re highly productive and offer the lowest material cost per tonne in the industry.
- Bucket capabilities: 24 to 34 m3 (31 to 45 yd3)
- Boom length options: 75 to 101 m (246 to 330 ft)
- Rated Suspended Load (RSL) capabilities: 71 000 to 102 100 kg (156,500 to 225,000 lb)
- Approximate working weight range: 1 770 000 to 1 988 000 kg (3,902,000 to 4,382,000 lb)
- Provides environmentally friendly means of overburden removal: consumes less power, produces less heat and noise, and emits fewer greenhouse gases than other methods of overburden removal
"Call Back Option available only for UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Qatar."