Power and reliability
C32 with ACERT™ TechnologyThe D11T and D11T CD feature a Cat C32 ACERT engine to deliver the performance and efficiency that customers demand. An engine that meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emissions standards is available for sales in the United States and Canada. Performing at full rated net power of 634 kW (850 hp) at 1,800 rpm with a high torque rise of 21 percent, the large displacement and high torque allow the D11T to doze through tough material. Matched to the high efficiency torque divider and electronically controlled power shift transmission, it will provide years of dependable service.
ADEM™ A4 Engine ControllerThe ADEM A4 electronic control module manages fuel delivery and air flow to get the best performance per liter (gallon) of fuel used. It provides flexible fuel mapping, allowing the engine to respond quickly to varying application needs.
Air-to-Air AftercoolingProvides cooled compressed air to the engine intake manifold; reducing emissions and maximizing fuel efficiency.
ServiceEngine enclosures provide easy access to maintenance points within the engine compartment. Easier maintenance and repair through monitoring key functions and logging critical indicators.
Fuel Heater (optional)The optional fuel heater uses the temperature of the engine return fuel to warm the cold fuel coming directly from the tank. The fuel heater allows an easier transition to winter blended fuels during season changes.
Reliable, integrated solutions
The optional D11T emissions reduction technology includes:
- Cat NOx Reduction System - captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it into the combustion chamber to drive down temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) - uses oxidation, a chemical process, to condition exhaust gases to meet regulatory requirements.
- MEUI-C Fuel System - developed from the field proven MEUI-A system while increasing fuel efficiency and further NOx reduction.
- Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) Fuel and Low Ash Oil are required.
Implement and Steering Controls
Ergonomically designed for ease of operation
Dozer Control JoystickA low-effort electronic dozer control joystick gives the operator control of all dozer functions with one hand. Fore/aft movement of the joystick lowers and raises the blade. Left/right movement directionally tilts the blade. Blade response and blade float can be set/adjusted using the Advisor Panel. The thumb lever at the top of the handle and trigger switch controls blade pitch fore and aft.
Automated Blade Assist ControlsA semi-automatic dozer control that makes use of preset blade pitch positions for load, carry and spread segments. This increases efficiency while reducing operator workload. It can be controlled with the two thumb buttons on the implement control or the push button key pad.
Finger Tip Controls (FTC)Clustered for easy, one-handed operation to the operators left. They control steering, machine direction and gear selection.
Performance MonitorThe monitoring system collects machine data and provides real-time feedback on machine productivity to optimize performance. Data summaries can be sent to off-board tools for site managers to review.
Automatic Ripper Control (optional)A new feature that reduces operator fatigue and decreases wear and tear on the machine. This is done by monitoring the tractor speed with the new cab mounted Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) to automatically adjust engine speed and ripper depth to minimize track slip.
Autocarry (optional)Enhances operators productivity by continuously monitoring ground speed and automatically adjusting blade load. Ground speed is measured with a robust cab-mounted Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver allowing continuous data analysis.
Terrain for Grading (optional)Provides high precision management of dozing and grading applications for enhanced safety, productivity and efficiency. The system enables an electronic site plan to be sent to the machine from the office in real-time, directing the operator where to cut and fill.
Durable and efficient
Aluminum Bar Plate RadiatorCooling system uses a two-part radiator built with rugged, highly efficient aluminum bar plate cores. The aluminum bar plate construction aids durability and allows for higher heat transfer and superior corrosion resistance.
Hydraulic Air to Oil CoolerThe new air to hydraulic oil cooler reduces hydraulic oil temperatures thus improving component life. The core is built using the same rugged aluminum bar plate design as the jacket water cooler.
Hydraulically Variable, Demand FanProvides engine cooling capability that is matched to the ambient conditions. In cooler conditions, the fan turns at a slower speed, reducing power demands. This reduces fuel consumption in lower load factor operations. Low speed fan operation also reduces both operator and spectator sound levels.
- Ultra low fan speed option for cold weather applications
- Reversible cooling fan and radiator option for heavy debris applications
- Mesabi Radiator
Torque DividerA single-stage torque converter with output torque divider sends 75 percent of engine torque through the converter and 25 percent through a direct drive shaft for greater driveline efficiency and higher torque multiplication. The torque converter shields the driveline from sudden torque shocks and vibrations.
Planetary Powershift Transmission
Three speeds forward and three speeds reverse, utilizing large diameter, high-capacity, oil-cooled clutches.
- Modulation system permits fast speed and direction changes.
- Modular transmission and bevel gear slide into rear case for easy servicing, even with ripper installed.
- Oil-to-water cooler for maximum cooling capacity.
- Forced oil flow lubricates and cools clutch packs to provide maximum clutch life.
- Controlled throttle shifting regulates engine speed during directional shifts for smoother operation and longer component life.
Steering Clutch and BrakeFade resistant and adjustment free. The multi-disc, oil-cooled steering clutches are hydraulically applied and electronically controlled. The brakes are applied by springs and hydraulically released for safe and reliable braking performance.
Drawbar Pull vs. Ground SpeedAs loads on the tractor increase, the D11T offers unmatched lugging capability and smooth shifting as the need occurs to change gears under varying loads.
Enhanced Auto ShiftEnhanced Auto Shift is a new standard feature that improves fuel efficiency by automatically selecting the optimal reverse gear and engine speed combination based upon powertrain load and desired ground speed.
Modular PowertrainThe design permits quick removal and installation of major components such as the engine, transmission and final drives.
Engineered for performance
Suspended Undercarriage DesignAbsorbs impact loads to reduce the shock loads transferred to the undercarriage by up to 50%.
Bogie SuspensionProviding up to 15 percent more ground contact, especially in hard, uneven terrain. Higher traction means less slippage, better balance, and a smoother ride.
Integrated Carrier Roller MountFabricated into the track roller frame making it easier to add the optional carrier roller in the field.
Rollers and IdlersFeature symmetric Duo-Cone seals for long sealing life to prevent oil loss and dirt entry. Toric rings maintain performance over a wide range of temperatures.
Roller FramesRoller frames are tubular to resist bending and twisting, with added reinforcement.
Sleeve Bearing TrackA unique track link assembly that maximizes life and minimizes downtime. Designed to operate at?higher speeds and greater loads.
Sprocket SegmentsFour bolt-on replaceable rim segments of abrasion resistant tough steel for long wear life.
Track ShoesTrack shoes are available in a variety of sizes and styles to match working conditions.
Thinking generations ahead
The D11T/D11T CD offer a number of sustainable benefits:
- Fuel saving features like Enhanced Auto Shift help decrease overall fuel consumption. Decreases in fuel consumption result in a decrease in combustion of carbon, reducing greenhouse gases.
- We are making our track-type tractors as quiet as possible so they have less impact on the communities where they operate. The new D11T offers an optional sound suppression package that delivers a 6 dB(A) (ISO 6395) reduction in the average spectator sound power level and a 4 dB(A) (ISO 6396) reduction in the average operator sound pressure level.
- Ecology drains allow fluids to be easily captured for recycling or proper disposal.
- Major components of Cat Track-Type Tractors are designed to be rebuilt. The Cat Certified Rebuild program conserves energy and materials by delivering a cost effective second, and even third, life for our machines.
Comfort and convenience
The D11T cab is designed and equipped for operator productivity, safety and comfort. The standard isolation-mounted cab reduces noise and vibration. Large windows, tapered hood, and notched fuel tank provide excellent visibility to all sides of the machine and around the job site. The D11T comes with an updated in-dash display with new features. An improved Advisor Monitoring System tracks machine operating conditions in real time. Dimmable lights allow the operator to choose between night and day backlight settings, through Advisor, to adjust the brightness of all switches and the keypad in the cab. Operators will enjoy comfort features like standard Cat Comfort Series Seat, adjustable arm rests and automatic climate control. The climate control system automatically adjusts heater and air conditioning controls to maintain a consistent cab temperature throughout the day. Additional features include:
- Entertainment radio ready and IPOD/MP3 player ready
- Communications radio mounting
- Finishes that make the cab easy to clean
- Heated and ventilated seat option
Engineered for maximum production and service life
Mainframe StrengthThe D11T and D11T CD mainframes are built to absorb high impact shock loads and twisting forces encountered during severe dozing and ripping applications. These frames share the following features:
Equipped for versatility
All blades feature a strong box-section design that resists twisting and cracking. Blades are made of high tensile strength steel that stands up to the most severe applications. Heavy?moldboard construction and hardened bolt-on cutting edges and end bits add strength and?durability.
- Semi-Universal Blade - Built for tough applications where penetration is important.
- High-Capacity Universal Blade - Maximizes capacity for moving big loads over long distances.
- Dual Tilt - Allows the operator to optimize the blade pitch angle.
- Cutting Edges and End Bits - Cutting edges are made of DH-2™ steel. End bits are made of DH-3™ steel for maximum service life.
- Cat Work Tools offer a range of special application blades.
- Multi-Shank Ripper - Tailors the tractor to the material by using one, two or three shanks.
- Single-Shank Ripper - Operator can adjust the shank depth from the seat using a single?shank pin puller. Large one-piece shank is available in deep ripping configuration.
Rear CounterweightsProvide proper tractor balance to maximize dozing production. Recommended if not equipped with?any other rear attachment.
Important for the most productive business
Operator Presence DetectionThis new feature locks out the powertrain and hydraulics to avoid unintentional movement when the operator is mounting and dismounting the machine.
Fender Guard RailsStandard heavy duty guard rails are strategically placed to safeguard the operator outside of the cab.
Heavy Duty Steps and HandlesStrategically placed grab handles plus non-slip steps and decking aid operator getting on and off the machine.
Rear Platform and Guard Rails (optional)The platform provides access to the rear window for cleaning and repairing rear mounted lights. The walkway is designed in sections to allow for varying lengths of platform across the back of the tractor. A foot barrier is a standard part of the walkway.
Access Ladder (optional)The hydraulically actuated ladder deploys and stores in seconds for quick and easy access.
Spectator Sound Reduction Package (optional)The D11T sound suppression package delivers a 6 dB(A) (ISO 6395) reduction in the average spectator sound power level and a 4 dB(A) (ISO 6396) reduction in the average operator sound pressure level. Isolated rim idlers, solid engine enclosures with liners, engine enclosure sealing and sealed bottom guard with liners are all contributing factors to the sound reduction package.
Visibility Package (optional)The D11T offers multiple visibility packages that enhance the operator’s visibility of their surroundings and provides a broader view of the work area. The packages include a WAVS camera system and mirrors inside and outside the cab.
Object Detection (optional)The system uses both cameras and radar technology to enhance the operator’s awareness and aid in detection of objects within the surrounding area of the machine.
Command for Dozing (optional)Allows the operator to control the machine using a portable over-the-shoulder operator console. The system is appropriate for use in particularly hazardous operating environments where it would enable the operator to remove himself from the machine. This system may also help to reduce exposure to dust, noise and vibration.
Serviceability and Customer Support
When uptime counts
VIMS 3GEnables your equipment to provide detailed, up-to-the minute data about its own health and working conditions by monitoring key temperatures, pressures, and more. The system gathers historical trends, histograms, events and more for off-board analysis. Additional subscription required.
Ground Level Service Options
The ground level service center mounted on the ripper cylinder provides easy access to:
- Secondary engine shutoff
- Access lighting switch turns on the forward ROPS lights to light the access path to the machine. The lights will stay on until you start the tractor or when a configurable timer expires (10 minute default).
- Delayed lighting turns on the forward ROPS lights to light the path when getting off the machine.
- Fast fuel
- High speed oil change (optional)
Ok-to-StartThe new Ok-to-Start strategy provides electronic fluid level verification at startup on the powertrain and engine oil systems. All information is available via the Advisor Monitoring System within the cab.
Fast Fuel SystemThe fast fuel system, with positive fuel shut-off to prevent fuel spillage, can reduce fuel waste and decrease downtime.
Parts ProgramYou will find nearly all parts at your dealer parts counter. Cat dealers use a world-wide computer network to find in-stock parts to minimize machine downtime. Ask about your Cat dealer’s exchange program for major components. This can shorten repair time and lower costs.
Remanufactured ComponentsGenuine Cat Remanufactured parts save you money. You receive the same warranty and reliability as new products at cost savings of 40 to 70 percent. Components are available for the drive train, engine, and hydraulics.
360° Exterior View
360° Interior View