Engineered for maximum production and service life.
Helping you get more done with maximum availability, the durable design of the mainframe makes repair and maintenance easy. The D11T/D11T CD mainframes are built to absorb high impact shock loads and twisting forces during severe dozing and ripping applications. It is not uncommon to see these machines rebuilt several times using the same frame, with only minor welding.
- Frame rails have a full box section design which keeps components rigidly aligned.
- The main case, equalizer bar saddle, and front cross member are heavy duty steel castings incorporated into highly loaded areas of the mainframe to improve stress distribution for improved durability.
- Top and bottom rails are made from continuous rolled sections which provide superior mainframe durability.
- The main case elevates the final drives well above the ground level work area to protect them from impact loads, abrasion and contaminants.
- The pivot shaft and pinned equalizer bar maintain track roller frame alignment and allow the roller frame to oscillate for smoother ride.
- Heavy cast saddle has a ribbed design which increases frame life.
- Tag-link blade mounting brings the blade closer to the machine for excellent maneuverability, machine balance and blade penetration.
Equalizer Bar End Pins
Proper grease lubrication on working surfaces can significantly extend component life and help lower maintenance cost.
- The remote lubrication for the D11T/D11T CD is performed from a service point conveniently located on the left hand fender and allows an operator or service technician to lubricate both the left-hand and right-hand equalizer bar end pin bearings and pins from one service point.
- Adding the optional autolube system allows the operator to tailor the amount of grease needed for each application by volume and service interval.
Carrydozer FrameThe Carrydozer frame is specifically designed to accept the additional frame loads generated by the unique Carrydozer blade design.
Power and reliability to help you move more.
C32 with ACERT Technology
The Cat C32 engine with ACERT Technology delivers power and reliability, ensuring top performance, high productivity, and exceptional service life.
- The C32 ACERT engine performs at full rated net power of 634 kW (850 hp) at 1,800 rpm with a high torque rise of 21 percent, allowing the D11T to doze through tough material.
- Matched with a high efficiency torque divider and electronically controlled power shift transmission, it will provide years of dependable service.
ADEM™ A4 Engine ControllerThe ADEM A4 electronic control module manages fuel delivery and air flow to get the best performance per liter (gallon) of fuel used.
Air-to-Air AftercoolingAir-to-air aftercooling on the D11T/D11T CD cools hot, compressed air coming out of the turbocharger providing cooler and denser air into the air intake system. Bringing more cool air into the engine increases power generation, lowers emissions, and improves fuel efficiency.
ServiceEngine enclosures provide easy access to maintenance points within the engine compartment. Easier maintenance and repair is available through monitoring of key functions and logging of critical indicators.
Providing you reliable, integrated solutions.The D11T/D11T CD’s C32 engine with ACERT Technology will be capable of achieving levels equivalent to Tier 2 equivalent emission standards for lesser or non-regulated countries.
Superior cooling keeps you moving in the most demanding work conditions.The hydraulic variable demand fan provides engine cooling capability that is matched to the ambient conditions. In cooler conditions, the fan turns at a slower speed consuming only the power required to cool the tractor systems, providing more power to the tracks to help you lower your cost per unit of material moved.
Aluminum Bar Plate RadiatorThe cooling system uses a two-part radiator built with rugged, highly efficient aluminum bar plate cores. The aluminum bar plate construction aids durability and allows for higher heat transfer and superior corrosion resistance. It is only available on D11’s with Tier 2 equivalent emission standards.
Mesabi RadiatorCopper cores improve cooling efficiency making the Mesabi radiator a good choice for high ambient temperature environments and heavy debris applications. The cooling tubes are oriented to allow open passages for dirt and debris to blow through the core. It is optional on Tier 2 equivalent configurations.
Hydraulic Oil to Air CoolerThe new hydraulic oil to air cooler reduces hydraulic oil temperatures improving component durability and reliability.
- Reversible cooling fan
- Mesabi radiator for lesser or non regulated countries with Tier 2 equivalent emission standards
Power and control to efficiently move your material.
The Cat D11T/D11T CD use a torque divider between the engine and the transmission to act as the hydrodynamic component, reducing the possibility of damage to the power train by dampening impact loads and vibrations.
- A single-stage torque converter with output torque divider sends 75 percent of engine torque through the converter and 25 percent through a direct drive shaft for greater driveline efficiency, higher torque multiplication, and ease of operation.
Planetary Powershift Transmission
Three speeds forward and three speeds reverse, utilizing large diameter, high-capacity, oil-cooled clutches.
- Modulation system permits smooth speed and direction changes.
- Modular transmission and bevel gear slide into rear case for easy servicing, even with ripper installed.
- Oil-to-water cooler for maximum cooling capacity.
- Forced oil flow lubricates and cools clutch packs to provide maximum clutch life.
- Controlled throttle shifting regulates engine speed during directional shifts for smoother operation and longer component life.
Steering Clutch and BrakeFade resistant and adjustment free. The multi-disc, oil cooled steering clutches are hydraulically applied and electronically controlled. The brakes are applied by springs and hydraulically released for safe and reliable braking performance. Steering clutches, brakes and final drives can be removed as a unit from each side of the tractor.
Designed for optimized machine balance and performance at your site.
The elevated sprocket and suspended undercarriage work together, increasing traction and giving the operator a smoother ride. These benefits translate into higher production and longer component life. This design transfers implement shock loads to the mainframe, so final drives, axles, and steering components are isolated from harsh impact loads commonly seen in large track-type tractor applications.
- Bogie suspension allows the track to conform to ground condition, providing up to 15% more ground contact, especially in hard, uneven terrain. Higher traction means less slippage, better balance, and a smoother ride.
- Integrated carrier roller mount is fabricated into the track roller frame making it easy to add the optional carrier roller in the field.
- Rollers and idlers feature symmetric Duo-Cone™ seals for long sealing life to prevent oil loss and dirt entry.
- Roller frames are tubular to resist bending and twisting, with added reinforcement.
- Sleeve bearing track is a unique track link assembly that maximizes life and minimizes downtime. It is designed to operate at higher speeds and greater loads.
- Sprocket segments have four bolt-on replaceable rim segments of abrasion resistant tough steel for long wear life.
- Track master link with single tooth and coarse thread bolts provide superior reliability and durability.
Designed for your comfort, convenience, and productivity.
The D11T/D11T CD cab provides ergonomic controls, intuitive monitoring systems, and enhanced visibility. All of these features provide the D11T and D11T CD an industry leading operator environment that helps contribute to high levels of productivity, efficiency, and comfort.
- The operator station offers an exceptional viewing area. The tapered hood, notched fuel tank, and narrow ripper carriage give the operator a clear line of sight to front and rear work areas.
- The automatic climate control system automatically adjusts heating and air conditioning controls to maintain a consistent cab temperature throughout the day.
- The Cat Optimized Seat has a six way adjustment control for optimal support and comfort. Seat side bolsters restrain side?to-side movement, especially when working on side slopes.
- The combination dash mounted instrument cluster and the right console mounted Advisor Monitoring System display key machine operating information and give operators and service technicians insight into the machine’s operation and maintenance needs.
- Slope and Side Slope Monitor is standard allowing operator to understand terrain better to improve dozing performance.
Additional features include:
- Entertainment radio ready and IPOD/MP3 player ready.
- Communications radio mounting.
- Power plug-in on the right side console (12-volt laptop and wireless phone compatible).
- Finishes that make the cab easy to clean.
- Optional heated and ventilated seat.
Implement and Steering ControlsThe Finger Tip Controls (FTC) require less effort and are more comfortable for long periods of operation. Electronic controls eliminate direct mechanical connections to the power train, resulting in reduced noise and vibration inside the cab.Low effort and comfortable to grip, the electronic dozer joystick gives the operator control of all dozer functions with the right hand.A rigidly mounted handgrip on the electronic ripper control provides firm support for the operator even when ripping in the roughest terrain. Low effort thumb lever controls raising and lowering.
Monitor, manage, and enhance job site operations.
The D11T electronic systems have been completely integrated to function as one machine. This integration creates a smart machine and more informed operator maximizing the productivity of both.
- VIMS™ 3G – This system gathers historical trends, histograms, events and more through a wired connection for off-board analysis in applications such as VIMS PC.
- Automated Blade Assist (ABA) – Increases efficiency while reducing operator workload. ABA makes use of preset blade pitch positions. ABA is standard on the D11T/D11T CD.
- Enhanced Auto Shift (EAS) – EAS improves fuel efficiency by automatically selecting the optimal reverse gear and engine speed combination based upon power train load and desired ground speed.
- Advisor Monitoring System (AMS) – AMS is used to monitor and display operating characteristics, diagnostics and events, system operational totals, and modes of operation. It is also used to view and change operator preferences and parameters. AMS benefits both the operator and service technician to improve productivity and lower operating costs.
- AutoCarry™ (optional) – Provides automatic blade control during the carry segment of the dozing cycle by measuring ground speed and track slip with a robust Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) chassis mounted receiver. Blade position is changed automatically to keep slip at optimum level for best performance. It is intended to enhance the operator’s productivity in high production earthmoving applications with carry distances over 30.5 m (100 ft).
- Automatic Ripper Control (optional) – Helps to reduce operator fatigue and decreases wear and tear on the machine. This is done by monitoring the tractor speed with the new ROPS mounted GNSS to automatically adjust engine speed and ripper depth to minimize track slip.
- Cat Product Link™ (optional) – Product Link enables the remote transmission of information about the location, operation, and condition of your equipment. Efficiently and effectively monitor performance of your assets to help keep your jobs on schedule, maintain equipment condition, and reduce the costs of owning and operating your fleet.
Configurable to suit your operation’s needs.
Cat MineStar helps you manage everything from material tracking to sophisticated real-time fleet management, machine health systems, autonomous equipment systems and more. The capability sets: Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health and Command can be used in combination or individually to allow your operation the flexibility and scalability it needs to be more productive, efficient and safe.
- Fleet (optional) gives mines a comprehensive overview of all operations with real-time machine tracking, assignment and productivity management.
- Terrain for Grading (optional) is a state-of-the art machine guidance system that delivers real-time productivity information to operators of mine site grading equipment. Terrain features an in-cab display, satellite navigation technology, machine-mounted components and fully integrated office software.
- Detect (optional) enhances operators’ awareness of the environment around their equipment, helping alleviate potential safety hazards and increasing operator confidence.
- Health (optional) delivers critical event-based machine condition and operating data for your entire fleet, helping mines identify potential equipment problems long before failure.
- Command for Dozing (optional) removes the operator from the cab of the machine and enables remote control operation. – An over-the-shoulder operator console provides line-of-sight remote control operation. – A comfortable remote operator station offers both line-of-sight and non-line-of-sight remote control.
For more information visit cat.com/mining.
Focused on keeping you safe.Safety is Caterpillar’s top priority. We constantly enhance product design and engineering to support customer safety goals and create safe working environments.
Operator Not Present Monitoring SystemThis feature locks out the power train and hydraulics under certain conditions to prevent unintentional movement when the operator is not in the seat.
Heavy Duty Steps and HandlesStrategically placed grab handles plus non-slip steps and decking aid operator getting on and off the machine.
Fender Guard RailsStandard heavy duty guard rails are strategically placed to safeguard the operator outside of the cab.
Spectator Sound Reduction
The D11T offers three options to control operator and spectator sound levels. Options include:
- Sound reducing idlers and sprocket segments.
- Full set of sealed bottom guards.
- Solid engine compartment enclosures and insulation.
When all three options are ordered, the D11T sound suppression package can deliver a 6 dB(A) (ISO 6395) reduction in the average spectator sound power level and a 4 dB(A) (ISO 6396) reduction in the average operator sound pressure level.
Anchorage points provide your people with a positioning system to preform repairs and maintenance. The D11T/D11T CD consist of fourteen (14) total anchorage points.
- Four (4) on lift cylinder spray shields
- Four (4) on top surface of hood
- Two (2) on front top of cab
- Four (4) on ROPS structure
Two Step Dozer Lift Cylinder Access Platform with Guard RailsThis feature provides access to the lift cylinders for cleaning or repairing the mounted mirrors and lights.
Powered Access System (optional)
The Cat powered access system provides excellent access and egress to and from the cab on the D11T/D11T CD, allowing easy access even in wet or freezing conditions.
- Operates off of power train hydraulic system.
- Rails on both sides of the ladder provide three-point contact.
- Warning alarms will sound if parking brake is released with ladder down or if the blade is raised with the ladder down.
Rear Platform and Guard Rails (optional)
The platform provides access to the rear window for cleaning and repairing rear mounted lights. The walkway is a modular design so varying lengths can be used across the back of the tractor to meet unique customer needs.
- Can be installed on 1911 L (505 gal) or 1778 L (470 gal) fuel tank.
Provide flexibility to match the machine to your job.
All blades feature a strong box-section design that resists twisting and cracking. Blades are made of high tensile strength steel that stands up to the most demanding applications. Heavy moldboard construction and hardened bolt-on cutting edges and end bits add strength and durability.
- High-Capacity Universal Blade – Offers optimal capacity for moving big loads over long distances.
- Semi-Universal Blade – Built for tough applications where penetration is important.
- Dual Tilt – Allows the operator to optimize blade pitch angle.
- Cutting Edges and End Bits – Cutting edges are made of DH?2™ steel. End bits are made of DH-3™ steel for maximum service life in tough materials.
- Specialty blades, (coal blades and reclamation blades) are available from Cat Work Tools for applications requiring higher capacity blades for light materials.
Rippers are made to penetrate tough material fast and rip thoroughly for use in a variety of materials.
- Single-Shank Ripper – Built for tough ripping conditions and greater ripping depth. Operator can adjust the shank depth from the seat using a single-shank pin puller. Large one-piece shank is available in deep ripping configuration.
- Multi-Shank Ripper – Generally for lighter duty ripping applications in less severe materials. Provides high levels of productivity. Tailors the tractor to the material by using one, two or three shanks.
CapSure™ Hammerless Ripper Tip and Shank Protector Retention SystemThe tip and shank protector are easily installed with a 180 degree turn of a ¾ inch ratchet. This simple installation means no hammering and therefore improved safety. It also means quicker change outs and less downtime.
Rear CounterweightsRear counterweights provide proper tractor balance to maximize dozing production. It is recommended if not equipped with any other rear attachment.
Reduce your service time to increase your uptime.The modular design of the D11T provides excellent serviceability and turnaround time. A key advantage of the D11T’s modular design is the ability to swap out a component with a pre-tested rebuilt or remanufactured unit that puts the machine back to work faster. So, reliability and overall uptime is high, repairs and upkeep costs are low. Modular design translates into more time on the job for the D11T compared to competition.
Ground Level Service Options
The ground level service center mounted on the ripper cylinder or counterweight provides easy access to:
- Secondary engine shutoff
- Access lighting switch
- Fast fuel
- High speed oil change (optional)
Ok-to-StartThe Ok-to-Start strategy provides electronic fluid level verification at startup on the power train and engine oil systems. All information is available via the Advisor Monitoring System within the cab.
Fast Fuel SystemThe fast fuel system, with positive fuel shut-off to prevent fuel spillage, can reduce fuel waste and decrease downtime.
Your Cat dealer knows how to keep your mining machines producing.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
From helping you choose the right machine to knowledgeable ongoing support, Cat dealers provide you with unmatched sales and service.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Operator training to help boost your profits.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
Thinking about your legacy for future generations.
Sustainable development for Caterpillar means leveraging technology and innovation to increase efficiency and productivity with less impact on the environment and helping you do the same – enabling your business to become more productive by providing products, services and solutions that use resources more efficiently.
- We are making our dozers as quiet as possible so they have less impact on the communities where they operate. The D11T offers an optional sound suppression package that delivers up to a 6 dB(A) (ISO 6395) reduction in the average spectator sound power level and up to a 4 dB(A) (ISO 6396) reduction in the average operator sound pressure level.
- Ecology drains allow fluids to be easily captured for recycling or proper disposal.
- Major components of Cat dozers are designed to be rebuilt. The Cat Certified Rebuild program conserves natural resources by delivering a cost effective second and even third life for our machines.
- Fuel saving features like Enhanced Auto Shift help decrease overall fuel consumption.
360° Exterior View
360° Interior View